• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Solar battery charger 190 FSH

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hello,
I was just about to purchase a solar charger for my 190 FSH. I just moved and can no longer keep it garaged :(

These were two I was looking at:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Q83TGO/?coliid=I1RFJSBMYSXENP&colid=ICX7OETEMRV6&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MAZN2EV/?coliid=I3MSPJDWXDER6Z&colid=ICX7OETEMRV6&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

My personal favorite for simplicity is the Deltona.
The main thing is simplicity of install and removal, and a nominal trickle charge to keep the dual battery system ready to go. Have you ever used one of these or do you have a similar recommendation please?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 12.10.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 12.10.04 PM.png

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine is a 21 it sits high and dry at the marina for a month at a time and is fine. When the time comes go to AGM batteries they do not discharge much when sitting. I knew it would sit and put them in when I bought the boat. I use a battery tender brand “pic on left” maintainer on my bike with no problems had it for years. But it is not solar. And remember you always can switch to both batteries to start it.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks. I'm hoping that the boat never sits longer than three weeks at a time and I keep the jumper battery charged and ready.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Saltwater Sportsman magazine this month, February has a how to solar battery charger for your boat.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'll have to look that up. We're moving so it's probably bring forwarded as we speak!

gkallevig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Has anyone put a flexible solar panel, like the one below, on top of their t-top? I'm getting a fsh 190 soon and thinking of getting a clear plastic 'pocket' stitched on top of my t-top to hold a solar panel, then have that panel keep 2 12v trolling motor batteries charged. Boat wil be stored outside and as such should keep batteries at full charge for when i use it.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A lot of people who have wet slips without power use 24V solar panels to charge batteries for trolling motors. You may want to do some searching here for that. I know they probably spend more $ than you'd want. But I'm betting they have solid power. The ACOPOWER unit looks like the better unit that you're looking at. I believe the controller prevents over charging. It also looks like Amazon is out of the other unit. Given the current state of things, it may be a while before it's back.

Tom

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I purchased two 100 watt Renogy flexible solar panels about four years ago, applied to the top of my sailboat bimini top with velcro. They installed and worked as expected. The panels were recalled subsequently. Renogy made that process very easy and efficient and I received a quick full refund.
Do you have any pictures of your solar array mounted to your bimini. Also, what make and model was your sailboat? How do you like healing over?

Last edited: