• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD SOLD: 2009 Yamaha 212x for sale, $24,500.00: NC/VA region

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
$24,500.00
This 21ft Jetboat is built around twin 160hp High Output MR-1 engines. These engines are below deck, under hatch to make for a spacious cockpit and passenger area. Open bow seating combines for a 9-passenger occupancy with no hinderance to performance. The rear swim deck makes for easy ingress and seating for swimming.

The boat has been upgraded to add SEADECK throughout! New Bimini AND Bimini extension shades the boat and swim deck nicely. Tinted windows keep the interior comfortable and makes for a great look. Exterior AC outlet for an onboard trickle charger. Aft ski mirror and Thrust Vector XLs from jetboatpilot. Added Boat buckles and all new throttle and steering cables.!!! Marine radio antenna mount on wake tower. Wake tower with upgraded fixed stern light. Wake tower is collapsible for 8ft garage door fitment.

Plenty of storage under seats and forward of the passenger bulkhead keeps the seating area clear. Twin bladder bags for surfing with auto fill/drain. Tables/mounts center and aft
Twin Batteries on board: 1st dedicated to the engine and controls. 2nd one is dedicated to radio, lighting and general house features. Fusion stereo added and upgraded speakers. OEM Mooring cover!

Available extras for conversation: Airhead g-force 3 person tube, Wakeboard, surfboard and applicable ropes.

Boat comes with GALVANIZED twin axle MFI trailer with folding tongue, 4 new radial tires.

These boats are in a class of their own and are well regarded for fuel economy, reliability, performance. The 212x with HO engines is a step above! This year model of boat is BEFORE Yamaha thinned up the hulls and has NO flexure, No sheared bolts, no failures.

The boat has been well maintained, light wear on a couple cushion seams, exterior applique starting to peel. Majority weekend lake use and otherwise always garaged. Estimated engine hours 225/250. Boat/trailer title in hand.

Boat is located near Roxboro NC
delivery within reason available.

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where's the guy that was about to buy a $23k AR190? He needs to see this.

*edit*

@cdjeeps25 This is quite a bit more boat than the 190 you were looking at with the aftermarket tower, for not much more money. Not sure where you're located though.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
YES HE DOES !!!!

cdjeeps25

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Where's the guy that was about to buy a $23k AR190? He needs to see this.

*edit*

@cdjeeps25 This is quite a bit more boat than the 190 you were looking at with the aftermarket tower, for not much more money. Not sure where you're located though.
I am located in Sacramento California, so this is a little bit away from me. A very nice looking boat though, love the "4x4" emblem.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am located in Sacramento California, so this is a little bit away from me.
But, what's the value of buying a boat from a member that's been around for 6 years, almost 2k posts and has a relationship with the people here,
You could go back to his history and see any problems or concerns he's had, you'd definitely be able to take the "unknown" factor out the equation,

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But, what's the value of buying a boat from a member that's been around for 6 years, almost 2k posts and has a relationship with the people here,
You could go back to his history and see any problems or concerns he's had, you'd definitely be able to take the "unknown" factor out the equation,
Agreed. Lots of ways to get it shipped as well. I bet you can get it out to CA for under $2k. Wheres @Betik ? He doing long distance delivery in this current social climate?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
dang this is awesome guys ! The boat is rock solid and without issue. perhaps on of them fancy zoom meetings for a show-n-tell.......may need some youth to show me the tech !

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought two boats off the "other" forum before this one existed. Saw the history of each boat and bought each boat SIGHT UNSEEN NO WATER TEST. Just sent a check and had 'em delivered. This is the reason if I ever sell mine, it will be gone in a flash to someone else on this site. Of course, so long as it is priced to sell without haggling. Too many folks do not price their boat with the intention to sell but if it is priced right, it is gone quickly. Both my boats were purchased at asking price, as I knew what the market bore, knew the NADA pricing which you must use as a guide especially when buying a used boat, and most important, knew the history of the boat as documented by the seller's forum history.

cdjeeps25

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I agree completely, there is real value there.

Agreed. Lots of ways to get it shipped as well. I bet you can get it out to CA for under $2k. Wheres @Betik ? He doing long distance delivery in this current social climate?
I've been looking at 19ft boats because those are the only boats that will fit in my small garage.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought two boats off the "other" forum before this one existed. Saw the history of each boat and bought each boat SIGHT UNSEEN NO WATER TEST. Just sent a check and had 'em delivered. This is the reason if I ever sell mine, it will be gone in a flash to someone else on this site. Of course, so long as it is priced to sell without haggling. Too many folks do not price their boat with the intention to sell but if it is priced right, it is gone quickly. Both my boats were purchased at asking price, as I knew what the market bore, knew the NADA pricing which you must use as a guide especially when buying a used boat, and most important, knew the history of the boat as documented by the seller's forum history.

pricing a boat appears fairly fluid between the NADA and other sites. I believe in OEM for a price set. Anything the owner adds is basically for him, may help in the attractiveness of the boat, but isnt a price enhancer..example is the tinted windows, seadeck or stereo. that said..this is what i found: comments welcome/encouraged.

she is a sweetheart ! kids are grown, we don't do watersports anymore...and based on the size of our lake a pontoon is plenty..
thanks everyone !

1588952517025.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking at 19ft boats because those are the only boats that will fit in my small garage.
I went to purchase an AR240, and came home with an AR190......for this exact reason. The 19ft fits in the garage and saves us a ton on storage costs. I 100% get that reasoning.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How big of a difference does the thicker hull make? If you were comparing this to say an '11 SX240?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No long distance or short distance for me. Numbers have been picking up in Texas and this new infection are before half the states loosed up. Kind of worried a bit and that I might have to cancel our Florida trip in early June.

The fuel cost are low now and people unemployment numbers are high, so it is definitely exploring the shipping.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I could not agree more. I bought our boat from member here. Went to his house on Sunday with a deposit which he did nto take. He said come back with the check, the boat is yours. We did not even start the engines. The first time I heard my engines come to life, I owned the boat already and that was when the previous owner was showing me how to do the oil changes.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
let me put it this way, in 2017, me and @Water Girl with 2011 & 2012 240 back home with damage, @Bruce on the other hand zero.
@Betik @Bruce I'm interested in this boat, my only hold up is the extra 2-3 feet of boat that a 230/40 gives you to handle the chop and potential Bimini trip in a couple years. Would I be regretting going with a 212 while making the crossing?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Betik @Bruce I'm interested in this boat, my only hold up is the extra 2-3 feet of boat that a 230/40 gives you to handle the chop and potential Bimini trip in a couple years. Would I be regretting going with a 212 while making the crossing?
The 2013 Bimini trip was the worst crossing conditions I have ever experienced (I've crossed 8 times total) and yes it WAS worse than the 2015 trip conditions, during the 2013 trip @justason 21' easily keep up with my '07 SX230. Since the 21' will make the crossing, to me what size boat you get depends more on your normal boating situation and how many folks you typically haul around.

@justason boat would be a great purchase.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 2013 Bimini trip was the worst crossing conditions I have ever experienced (I've crossed 8 times total) and yes it WAS worse than the 2015 trip conditions, during the 2013 trip @justason 21' easily keep up with my '07 SX230. Since the 21' will make the crossing, to me what size boat you get depends more on your normal boating situation and how many folks you typically haul around.

@justason boat would be a great purchase.
We'll typically have at least 5 of us, but part of that was limitations of our previous I/O. I'd expect we may have as many as 8 or 9 with us when we finally pull the trigger on something, though the normal would probably be 6. I know some people swear 08/09 212's have more space than the 230's, just my biggest fear is wishing we had more boat after purchasing.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We'll typically have at least 5 of us, but part of that was limitations of our previous I/O. I'd expect we may have as many as 8 or 9 with us when we finally pull the trigger on something, though the normal would probably be 6. I know some people swear 08/09 212's have more space than the 230's, just my biggest fear is wishing we had more boat after purchasing.
With your description I would say go with a bigger boat. Rarely have I heard I wish I went with a smaller boat.