• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sold boat

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Decided to sale the boat after one of the motors throwed a rod . Was talking with a guy about a motor and he made me a offer I couldn't turn down so I had to let it go . So now on the look for another .

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you sticking jet or making a move?

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Staying with jet didn't really want to sale but I couldn't turn down what he offered . Had the boat a little over 4 years and got what I had in it

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations if you use the boat for four years blew a motor and were able to sell it for what you paid for it you did great

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the sale! Did you try to figure out why it threw a rode?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
and...Do you know what you want to replace it with?

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thinkn about a 06 to 09 230 unless I just find a hell of a deal on. Something newer

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The jump from 09 to 10 is around $15K on the lowest possible price. I'm not a super fan of the styling of the 240 with the wider bow, because I did not like tri-hull type, and it reminds me of that, but the newer 1.8 Engines might be worth it if you want to have that. I have not seen many 240s under $35k or so. but right now is the right time to buy for sure, before spring comes. Best of luck! I'm sorry your 230 failed like that. Any clues as to what happened? I have an 08 and I hope it lasts for a LONG time...so far so good, but I've only had it 3 years.
I lied, looks like AR and SX 240s below $35k is normal.
Used 2012 YAMAHA AR240, Gainesville, Ga - 30501 - BoatTrader.com

Last edited:

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Yea I'm not a fan of the 240 either . Really hope I can find a nice 08 . There are a bunch of blue ones but I'm not a fan of blue . It slung a rod

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found mine on search tempest 700 miles away. They are out there, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Yea they are out there you just have to look and maybe be willing to drive where did you search for yours

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Searchtempest.com is where i found mine. It's a search engine that crawls and posts to Craiglist but across a wide geographical area, so you can search Craigslist Nationwide, or on cities and states near you.