• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Solo Launching

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All good advice, I think the best is go somewhere that is not busy. If you need practice reversing into a ramp, hit a an empty parking lot and try to reverse into a spot. Lastly prep all the gear (e.g. lines, fenders, release the stern straps, etc.) before You pull up to the ramp, don’t prep while you are in line for the ramp.

Best part of this one is the dog swimming in the ramp and then going over for the guy to pull it out haha

jtwrace

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Guess nobody sprays their bunks with silicone to avoid marking the hull. Kinda tough to unhook the bow strap and have slippery bunks..

Bluewater272

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just got an email from Westmarine with an interesting looking product. I don't launch solo, but if I ever need to I may look into DIYing this, looks like you could put it together for about thirty bucks.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like what it looks like, for $176.00, that is bit much. West Marine has already gotten a big chunk of change off me. I think I could build the same thing with a my 5' tow rope bungee and some hooks and a rope.

Bluewater272

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like what it looks like, for $176.00, that is bit much. West Marine has already gotten a big chunk of change off me. I think I could build the same thing with a my 5' tow rope bungee and some hooks and a rope.
Exactly what I was thinking, tow rope bungee which I already don't use because I don't think it does anything, a dock line, and a couple caribiners - add a PVC tube if you want to mount it to your trailer like that.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah... $180 seems MIGHTY steep for a piece of braided line with an integrated bungee cord and a couple of carabiners on it.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes I saw the I-Pilot Anchor feature. It is sexy. When I get the trolling motor on this or possible next boat, it will have that.
Yeah I have the motorguide mi5, it looses lock sometimes, and that would be amazing when coming back to find your boat 1/2 mile down the river. No thanks.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
c'mon, once you got it back and everyone at the launch stopped laughing, you would have a beer and laugh at it yourself. :)

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah right, that would be hilarious for everyone watching me swim for my boat. Lol