• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

[SOLVED] New LS2000 - Blown out Port Exhaust Hose

DNUGENTUSMC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought my first boat, a 2000 LS2000 a few weeks ago and have been thoroughly enjoying these last few weeks of summer with it with the wife and kids. That is until seemed to have lost all power. Boat will only go about 20-25mph despite pulling up the bow.

Unsure of what RPM that was as I just last night rewired the mess of a dashboard for all the replacement (used on eBay) gauges to work but it does seem to be about 3500 which is the exhaust temp cutout Rpm for the limo mode I believe.

When running on a hose, I noticed a small stream of water going into the engine compartment bilge pump so I shut off the engine to pinpoint it. (Yes I pulled plugs and safety Lanyard to blow out that water before trying to properly run it) and noticed It coming from the exhaust hose. So when grabbing it and seeing if it was loose, I noticed the bottom is blown out.

Would this be causing that issue (which seems to be affecting both engines? Also can I swap them from side to side to troubleshoot despite them being listed as different part numbers?

All that aside we are loving this boat. I have already put a ton of work and parts into it to try and get it back to where it should be. I used a chain and a floor jack to remove the stuck drain plugs and reinstalled with rebuilds and CobraJet EZ locks. Installed a collapsible ladder on the back port side to help the kids in and out of the water. New horn, new bow and stern lights, new mirrors, new pitot pickup, and put an LED kit in.

Winter I will be getting the CobraJet Steering plates, tow valves, and most Importantly replacing the stock zip tied oil lines!

(cross posted to YamahaJetBoaters)

Attachments

Last edited:

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Bought my first boat, a 2000 LS2000 a few weeks ago and have been thoroughly enjoying these last few weeks of summer with it with the wife and kids. That is until seemed to have lost all power. Boat will only go about 20-25mph despite pulling up the bow.

Unsure of what RPM that was as I just last night rewired the mess of a dashboard for all the replacement (used on eBay) gauges to work but it does seem to be about 3500 which is the exhaust temp cutout Rpm for the limo mode I believe.

When running on a hose, I noticed a small stream of water going into the engine compartment bilge pump so I shut off the engine to pinpoint it. (Yes I pulled plugs and safety Lanyard to blow out that water before trying to properly run it) and noticed It coming from the exhaust hose. So when grabbing it and seeing if it was loose, I noticed the bottom is blown out.

Would this be causing that issue (which seems to be affecting both engines? Also can I swap them from side to side to troubleshoot despite them being listed as different part numbers?

All that aside we are loving this boat. I have already put a ton of work and parts into it to try and get it back to where it should be. I used a chain and a floor jack to remove the stuck drain plugs and reinstalled with rebuilds and CobraJet EZ locks. Installed a collapsible ladder on the back port side to help the kids in and out of the water. New horn, new bow and stern lights, new mirrors, new pitot pickup, and put an LED kit in.

Winter I will be getting the CobraJet Steering plates, tow valves, and most Importantly replacing the stock zip tied oil lines!

(cross posted to YamahaJetBoaters)
Exhaust manifold does have temp sensor on it to limit engine to 3500 rpm limp mode if that helps any

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
So I flex sealed the blown exhaust hose to test and wow she’s running even better than before since I had replaced fuel filters and spark plugs trying to troubleshoot it!
Cool but look good may be the manifold corroded off inside the hose like mine was is the boat run in saltwater often

DNUGENTUSMC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool but look good may be the manifold corroded off inside the hose like mine was is the boat run in saltwater often
So what happened is some donkey cut the hose for whatever reason and put an insert in there with a bunch of clamps. It split down the seam of that. 1 layer of flex tape inside, one outside following the seam and another layer wrapped around the circumference of the hose. Should be good until I get the replacement Monday.

Attachments

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
So what happened is some donkey cut the hose for whatever reason and put an insert in there with a bunch of clamps. It split down the seam of that. 1 layer of flex tape inside, one outside following the seam and another layer wrapped around the circumference of the hose. Should be good until I get the replacement Monday.
Dats funny just when ya think you seen it all fine craftsmanship there lmao did ya check clean out covers mines seems like they never been out friend I bought it from said everything works fine oil line replace next project it’s a must from what I’ve red about replaced all cables steering and throttles one exhaust manifold so far good luck on ya project

DNUGENTUSMC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did manage to get the cleanout plugs out, they were STUCK STUCK! Previous owner was from Boston and it's nothing but sea water there! I initially tried the floor jack with a rope and realized there was too much stretching for that. So I grabbed an anchor chain and put it around the T Handle and hooked it onto the floor jack. All it took was one smooth pull once it was jacked all the way up and they both came right out. Replaced the gaskets with the $23 amazon kit, drilled holes for EZ locks and cleaned out all the salt corrosion with a die grinder and we're right back to it! I also got 2 trailer tongue clips on each and a stainless steel cable to tie them together. Won't have to worry about that anymore!

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I did manage to get the cleanout plugs out, they were STUCK STUCK! Previous owner was from Boston and it's nothing but sea water there! I initially tried the floor jack with a rope and realized there was too much stretching for that. So I grabbed an anchor chain and put it around the T Handle and hooked it onto the floor jack. All it took was one smooth pull once it was jacked all the way up and they both came right out. Replaced the gaskets with the $23 amazon kit, drilled holes for EZ locks and cleaned out all the salt corrosion with a die grinder and we're right back to it! I also got 2 trailer tongue clips on each and a stainless steel cable to tie them together. Won't have to worry about that anymore!
Good deal left mine in least they won’t blowout lol I figure if all goes south I can make my lake skiff then fastest on the river with one of the motors u can dam near part one out get money back I’ve seen the windshield hatch covers go for 600 to 800 pair eBay it does haul ass though

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I made a set of molds for the windshield hatch covers... made three hatches out of black gelcoat and glass not sure what I will do next... haven't had time to finish and install... marine mat install going now and working on new hybrid 155 HO jet pumps for the LS/LX/AR210 transom jet plate

attachment - 2022-05-22T204933.923.jpgattachment - 2022-07-23T143335.427.jpg