• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SOLVED! Silicone ring came out during cleaning. Any ideas

Corleap14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking for some guidance.

I’ve got a 2012 Yamaha 242 s limited. We were cleaning out of the engine with a hose and nozzle and two silicone rings came out of the black mesh ports near the impellers. Don’t know where they came from or even where to start looking.

For the record: we are experiencing engine rattle and already plan to replace the intermediate bearings and housings next week. Could these rings have come from there?

Any ideas?

Attachments

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Perfectly normal from exhaust outlet.
Amazing it didn't come out earlier.
It's a common thing to find.

Corleap14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Perfectly normal from exhaust outlet.
It’s normal for the silicone rings to come out?

that makes me feel a lot better

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Over use of silicone to seal thru hull fitting from Yamaha

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Eh No Worries. Here's mine. To be on the safe side monitor your bilge on the next trip to see if you now have a leak. If no leak you're golden.vlcsnap-2022-03-18-15h50m27s160.png

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Extra sealant from the exhaust ports sealed to the transom working loose. If they came from inside the black rubber split cover, that happens on that era Yamaha. If it is not leaking, it is not a problem. Most people never find the ring.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Extra sealant from the exhaust ports sealed to the transom working loose. If they came from inside the black rubber split cover, that happens on that era Yamaha. If it is not leaking, it is not a problem. Most people never find the ring.
My 2020 model spit parts of them out after a season. I think maybe it takes time and heat/cool cycles for it to break loose.