• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Some advice needed

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Only two bow filler pieces. Both of mine (along with the rear step cushion) are kept in the house. Too much unnecessary crap filling up valuable storage space.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I only have two. That is also what the pictures show. I can either make a bed or I can make a third seat so you can put your legs down. I have already decided to just put them in the garage for storage for now, takes up to much room in the compartment, although your boat is bigger. I will take them when the crew decides they want them :) I ask before every trip. I get a "No" then it is just one less thing to bounce around in the company.

I have a 2020 SX195 and do the same. there is huge storage room in my boat but, in my opinion, not enough to carry those two big bow filler cushions.....and I don't like hauling all that extra weight around. Store them until needed!

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
well I decieded to go out and buy a new 2020 242xe. took it out for the first time and am concerned/disappointed. not sure if this is normal but with ten people in the boat the boat will not go over 13mph. just wont plain out. we unloaded everyone except for the 3 of us and it will plain on but will only go 34mph. no faults coming on the screen, no check engine lights. is this the way this boat is? I was lead to believe this boat will go about 40 plus and should do it with all 12 that is allowed in the boat. also this boat take like 2 football field to turn. I just sold my 06 230 ho and man that but as awesome and would go 45 and turn on a dime. just curious about performance.
Congratulations @TESTAROBT on your new purchase. Maybe I misread your comment but you didn't take out the boat for the first time with 10 people on board? Respectfully, in my opinion, that boat should have been run for at least 10 hours with very little load - certainly not 10 people in it. There are very specific break-in procedures for a new motors and I have never seen what you did recommended by any manufacturer of jet boats or I/Os. I would only load my new engine(s) at 15 hours after an oil and filter change as well. That boat should easily hit 40 MPH. What is the total maximum load in your owners manual? That boat should be able to turn in its length. Something is certainly wrong. Did you have a water test? Did your dealer PDI the boat? did you read your owners manual carefully? Until you get some answers please do not take that new boat out with a load of that nature. If you do, in my opinion, you will harm your engines. permanently. Cheers, MT

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2020 SX195 and do the same. there is huge storage room in my boat but, in my opinion, not enough to carry those two big bow filler cushions.....and I don't like hauling all that extra weight around. Store them until needed!
But how do you know when you'll need them?
:D
We keep ours on the boat, they fit under the front bow seats. Only used them once though as we tend to stay out of the strong sun much of the day. Cloudy days might be a different story, but usually around here cloudy means rain and thunderstorms. LOL

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
But how do you know when you'll need them?
:D
We keep ours on the boat, they fit under the front bow seats. Only used them once though as we tend to stay out of the strong sun much of the day. Cloudy days might be a different story, but usually around here cloudy means rain and thunderstorms. LOL
My wife and kid have gotten to the point where the bow cushions are now a permanent fixture - only removed when at the mooring and need the bow cover in with its support pole. Honestly, I’m thinking of getting a shorter support pole to just let it sit on top of the cushions.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
well I decieded to go out and buy a new 2020 242xe. took it out for the first time and am concerned/disappointed. not sure if this is normal but with ten people in the boat the boat will not go over 13mph. just wont plain out. we unloaded everyone except for the 3 of us and it will plain on but will only go 34mph. no faults coming on the screen, no check engine lights. is this the way this boat is? I was lead to believe this boat will go about 40 plus and should do it with all 12 that is allowed in the boat. also this boat take like 2 football field to turn. I just sold my 06 230 ho and man that but as awesome and would go 45 and turn on a dime. just curious about performance.
Something sounds wrong, perhaps something in the impellers? The 242 has twin 1.8l engines and should hit forties even with a heavy load. What is the RPM reading when you push the throttles wide open? It should be 7400-7500 in lower elevations.