• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sound Bar on non-X e-series boats?

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does the non-X E-Series boats have a way to mount the Wet Sounds Sound Bar? I think the X has welded mounting brackets but I wasn't sure about my boat as it's down at the marina. Looking for an option to replace the horrible tweeters in my 2016 242SE.

Thanks!

I think it comes with tower brackets. I am curious how easy it removes and how heavy it is. Would be cool if I could somehow get it on my bimini since I don't have a tower.

B3328F50-B6EA-4F11-8B15-77918E725DD0.jpeg Not a pic of mine but it attaches with an Allen bolt on each side to a bracket that is welded to the tower. It weighs 10-15 pounds roughly and I love that I can rotate it towards the stern or bow. I would recommend adding them in addition to your tweeters not removing them.

Last edited:
The tweeters actually sound pretty good once you have more sound in the boat. I cut in extra speakers in the cockpit, and now it fills out really well and the tweeters are doing their job. They do sound terrible on their own, though.

I know if you buy a soundbar from Wetsounds, they have round bar clamps available. I've had one in my wish list on Amazon for a year now.

https://www.amazon.com/Wet-Sounds-Stealth-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B01N33TH51

Since my AR190 has a raw tower I was going to have a friend weld some brackets in place on mine if the clamps don't fit properly. If you have a painted or powdercoated tower, then I would suspect you could thru drill and bolt the bracket.

View attachment 77143 Not a pic of mine but it attaches with an Allen bolt on each side to a bracket that is welded to the tower. It weighs 10-15 pounds roughly and I love that I can rotate it towards the stern or bow. I would recommend adding them in addition to your tweeters not removing them.

Do we know if those brackets exist on the non-X e-series boats?

View attachment 77143 Not a pic of mine but it attaches with an Allen bolt on each side to a bracket that is welded to the tower. It weighs 10-15 pounds roughly and I love that I can rotate it towards the stern or bow. I would recommend adding them in addition to your tweeters not removing them.

Possible dumb question, how do you rotate it toward the bow? I don't see a way to do it cause the plug contacts the bracket.

Unplug the plug, rotate and then plug back in the plug.

The 242X uses the Wetsounds brackets that come with the core 10.

20170909_140316-jpg.63841

I mounted the Wetsound Core 10 using these clamps:

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/172204-Global-Truss-Mini-360-BLK

I had to cut down a mounting bolt that came with the speaker but other than that these work great. This makes it so I can remove it easy when towing longer distances or for storage. Loving the speaker so far on my AR192.

Has anyone installed a sound bar on an E-Series boat? Curious to see how you ran wires and what brackets you used. I am wondering if I can use the existing wiring holes for the tweeters.

The 242X uses the Wetsounds brackets that come with the core 10.

20170909_140316-jpg.63841
When you turn the bar to blast forward - does it fill the bow with sound well?

--

I tend to turn mine more downward towards the helm before the bow and does really well while under way; but generally when we anchor I’ll flip it back around toward the transom as we spend all the time back there anyways...

@swatski I'm not sure you want to add any more weight to your tower.....

:smug:

I tend to turn mine more downward towards the helm before the bow and does really well while under way; but generally when we anchor I’ll flip it back around toward the transom as we spend all the time back there anyways...

@swatski I'm not sure you want to add any more weight to your tower.....

:smug:
Oh believe me, my tower is not going anywhere, the way I have it fixed, lol.

My kids and their friends tend to like to ride and congregate in the bow, which in my initial plans was to be the quiet corner of the boat...

--

I mounted the Wetsound Core 10 using these clamps:

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/172204-Global-Truss-Mini-360-BLK

I had to cut down a mounting bolt that came with the speaker but other than that these work great. This makes it so I can remove it easy when towing longer distances or for storage. Loving the speaker so far on my AR192.

What is your tower tube diameter? For the E-series boats I think it's a hair over 2 3/8" - I like your brackets but it says its for 2" tubing so I am not sure if they would work.

The AR192 tower tube diameter is 1-7/8". Unfortunately the clamp I linked will most likely not work for your application.

Last edited:
Got my Wet Sounds sound bar installed last week. I have to say I can now actually hear music at cruise when standing. I also like that I can independently control the volume on the sound bar to turn it up while the other speakers are fairly low in volume - so my wife doesn't complain the music is too loud. I also didn't have to drill a single whole as there are plugs already in the tower that exactly fit the cord for the sound bar.

IMG_6751.JPG IMG_6753.JPG

Back