• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speaker placement

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well to follow up with the amp, it did the trick. I couldn't be happier for now. It still needs a sub and at least 2 more speakers one day but I can now overcome the engine noise now and hear all of what is playing.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So after some research and me being as anal retentive as I am and wanting things to look as they belong I decided to go with the Polk DB1040 and grill to match the other speakers. I am going to mount it in the driver console. Being the speaker needs a box and nothing available will readily fit the area my dad is going to make me a fiberglass top hat if you will. It is 9" in diameter and 18" long and will have a flange the same size as the speaker. It has a .66 cubic foot volume which is what the Polk speaker calls for in a sealed box. It will be mounted out of sight behind the speaker. I need to gauge interest on this, if there is enough interest he will make a plug to make a lot of them. Price will be determined after he builds mine. If there is a lot of interest he can get the price down on a group buy but I need to get an idea of who would be interested.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So after some research and me being as anal retentive as I am and wanting things to look as they belong I decided to go with the Polk DB1040 and grill to match the other speakers. I am going to mount it in the driver console. Being the speaker needs a box and nothing available will readily fit the area my dad is going to make me a fiberglass top hat if you will. It is 9" in diameter and 18" long and will have a flange the same size as the speaker. It has a .66 cubic foot volume which is what the Polk speaker calls for in a sealed box. It will be mounted out of sight behind the speaker. I need to gauge interest on this, if there is enough interest he will make a plug to make a lot of them. Price will be determined after he builds mine. If there is a lot of interest he can get the price down on a group buy but I need to get an idea of who would be interested.
I am the same way. If you could photo document and post your install I that would be awesome. I may copy your design. I have been eyeballing the db subs for a while now and trying to figure out the best way/place to install one. I was thinking about doing an 8" in the starboard bench but since that is the most used area for storage I'd rather not put a box back there. I'd probably end up wanting to 8"er's too so that means cutting two holes, one in each bench, plus two boxes. I already went through the trouble to match my tower speakers so I don't want to screw up the uniformed look now.