• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speaker upgrades on 17 242LTD S Need assistance

Miller92063

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Below is a list of the items I'll be installing. The amps have 4 40a fuses and the other has 2 40a fuses so my breaker closest to the battery should be around 250 correct? Then a 160amp fuse and 80a fuse close to the amps?

-Fusion 8ch 2,000w Amp to run bow, cabin, and swim deck. Open channel for mid cabin later if needed.
-Fusion 5ch 1,600w Amp to run Tower Speakers and Sub
-M3-650x RGB to replace swim deck speakers
-M3-770x RGB for Tower speakers
-Krypt tower cans.
-M3-10IB-S-GW 10" Subwoofer
-WS-420BT Wet Sounds Zone control. I will probably use the Sub line out for swim deck and use JL sub control separate.
-14g Knukoncepts speaker wire to replace ALL speaker wire
-12g Knuk speaker wire for sub
-0g Knuk power and ground run to behind the helm fuse and split to 4g.

The fusion amp will require numerous RCA splitters. Any tips for all this? the fuses are what worry me most about getting right as its been a long time since I've done a sound system. TIA!

Last edited:

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like a big project, if you are using the Wetsounds zone controller, that should solve the RCA issues. I would really consider going with JL M series amps over the Fusion amps, the JL speakers and amps really pair well with each other. For an M3 sub you can pickup an MX500/1 and save some money then grab an M800/8 for the cabin/main system/tower.

Knukoncepts makes awesome cable, grab some RCA's form them as well. ~200a to 250a breaker sounds about right, you can also put inline breakers on each of the 4ga breakouts of your amp board for additional protection/troubleshooting for a bad amp.

Miller92063

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like a big project, if you are using the Wetsounds zone controller, that should solve the RCA issues. I would really consider going with JL M series amps over the Fusion amps, the JL speakers and amps really pair well with each other. For an M3 sub you can pickup an MX500/1 and save some money then grab an M800/8 for the cabin/main system/tower.

Knukoncepts makes awesome cable, grab some RCA's form them as well. ~200a to 250a breaker sounds about right, you can also put inline breakers on each of the 4ga breakouts of your amp board for additional protection/troubleshooting for a bad amp.
I do wish I’d have got with the JL Amps, but already bought the Fusions.
mill have the breaker near the battery and then a fuse on each of the 4g power supplies as well. Even with the Zone controller I’m gonna end up needing a few splitters though. I did just order all the RCA’s from Knuk as well since I’ve only heard great things. Also just ordered the LED controller for the speakers and 18/4 wire for it as well.
Sounded good in my head but It all seems so overwhelming now. Lol

I’m trying to find some good hinged brackets for behind the helm so I can get behind it if needed, but I’m also a big guy so getting in that little area will be difficult.