• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speakers on the patio of a yamaha

GregWorlando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys I'm new to this site and am thinking if getting either the sx195 or the ar195. Just wanted to know if anyone found a way to put speakers on the back patio area of the boat?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My advice would be to go with AR with a tower and put speakers up there if you haven't pulled the trigger on a SX.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added the JL Audio tower speakers, those and the stock 4 polk speakers in the AR195 will blow your eardrums out on the back patio. it is SO LOUD!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I added the JL Audio tower speakers, those and the stock 4 polk speakers in the AR195 will blow your eardrums out on the back patio. it is SO LOUD!
Did you have to add an amp?

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the tower speakers are on their own small JL audio AMP and they have their own volume control. They project very well, so when I am anchored at the beach I can hear the music when we are on the beach or in the water behind. My only complaint and this is a stretch, is because the tower speakers main purpose are to project the sound off the back of the boat, they lack a little bass. I must say though that the stock 4 polk speakers in the boat have more bass than I expected.

Edit: when I bought my boat the dealer sold any accessories "at cost" with free install. So I had the tower speakers and amp, along with a second battery setup all installed for free. I have looked at it and feel I could have done the install on my own, appears to be all plug and play, very similar to installing an amp and subwoofer into a car stereo

GregWorlando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay well JL Audio tower speakers are out of my price range with everything else I need. Any suggestions on tower speakers amp and remote to put on back patio area to controls stereo for $500-$600?