• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sping has sprung 2018 season opener pics

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
20180415_094413.jpg 20180415_095146.jpg
@jcyamaharider still wanted to proceed with our spring cruise with a storm showing on the radar so I didn't feel sorry for him while I was under my blanket !

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What I want to know is what happened to @mattschepker ? I'm coming, no I'm not, yes I am... no, maybe not! Lol! ;) A good time was had by all, even if we did get a little wet (and cold) by the end.
Well @jcyamaharider and @jcyamahariders wife can back me up with this. For the last month I've been dealing with I thought a cold I've had sinus problems respiratory issues ear infections and my ears are still clogged. I've been on steroids antibiotics and now I'm on allergy medicine. When I saw the temperature and I was going to pull the boat out of the garage I felt some raindrops and I said no I'm not going to deal with this. I don't want to get my kids sick who are battling the same stuff I am. I need to be smart and get better. I woke up Sunday morning and I was all stuffed up again. I know it's very early in the season still plenty of boating time left.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well @jcyamaharider and @jcyamahariders wife can back me up with this. For the last month I've been dealing with I thought a cold I've had sinus problems respiratory issues ear infections and my ears are still clogged. I've been on steroids antibiotics and now I'm on allergy medicine. When I saw the temperature and I was going to pull the boat out of the garage I felt some raindrops and I said no I'm not going to deal with this. I don't want to get my kids sick who are battling the same stuff I am. I need to be smart and get better. I woke up Sunday morning and I was all stuffed up again. I know it's very early in the season still plenty of boating time left.
For any bacteria, fungal or even viral infections, Raw coconut oil does wonders. In my country it cures many things. I don't get the flu because of it. 1 tablespoon a day for the rest of your life. ;)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just giving you crap. Don’t blame you a bit! :) Being sick is no good, and a day in the rain sure wouldn’t have helped. You and the fam get better and we’ll see you next time. I have a feeling that every weekend we have free we’re goimg to be looking for water somewhere this season.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have not gotten my boat out yet as timing has not worked out. I really do feel for you northern guys though I'm in New York visiting family right now and it's snowing again you guys can't get a break. I look forward to my return flight to 81 degree weather tomorrow I just wish it was earlier so I could get the boat out!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Calling for snow tonight. At least i am saving money by not running pool pump, buying chemicals or gas for the boat!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We made it! Kicked off the 2018 season yesterday on Utah Lake. Highs were in mid 70's water's were calm but chili. Nobody was brave enough to get in, so we spent our time riding, lounging, and paddle boarding. Half the time it seems my boat is just an expensive way to transport paddle boards around the lake... but it's a good time.

It was also my 9 month old's first time on the water. He LOVED IT! (When we stopped and took his lifejacket off)20180422_165736.jpg 20180422_170552.jpg 20180423_043054.jpg 20180422_164506.jpg

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We made it! Kicked off the 2018 season yesterday on Utah Lake. Highs were in mid 70's water's were calm but chili. Nobody was brave enough to get in, so we spent our time riding, lounging, and paddle boarding. Half the time it seems my boat is just an expensive way to transport paddle boards around the lake... but it's a good time.
How do you transport the paddle board?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you transport the paddle board?
Not the best shot... but you get the idea. We've had as many as 4 boards wedged up the center of the boat before by staggering the fins and using towels and cushions to keep things from getting scuffed. I like to keep tail ends with the fins up in the bow for better leg room and less injury in the back.

I'd like to find a better way to transport them, because everyone enjoys having them along. But they're pretty annoying to have taking up all of the space in the boat. I know there's inflatable ones, but they stuck! Lol!

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not the best shot... but you get the idea. We've had as many as 4 boards wedged up the center of the boat before by staggering the fins and using towels and cushions to keep things from getting scuffed. I like to keep tail ends with the fins up in the bow for better leg room and less injury in the back.

I'd like to find a better way to transport them, because everyone enjoys having them along. But they're pretty annoying to have taking up all of the space in the boat. I know there's inflatable ones, but they stuck! Lol!
Could they be stowed on any wakeboard or wakesurf racks you think?

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

It was also my 9 month old's first time on the water. He LOVED IT! (When we stopped and took his lifejacket off)View attachment 72762 View attachment 72763 View attachment 72765 View attachment 72766
@J-RAD , What kind of Tower Racks and Mounts do you have there? I see they swivel to the inside! Looks very nice! Are the quick release too?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could they be stowed on any wakeboard or wakesurf racks you think?
They about 11' long and 30+" wide. The only place I really think would be viable is on top of my tower, but I'm thinking that would also require additional support and maybe be just as inconvenient when your wanting to wakeboard/surf/ski.

@J-RAD , What kind of Tower Racks and Mounts do you have there? I see they swivel to the inside! Looks very nice! Are the quick release too?
I'm not 100% sure who the manufacturer is...? I was looking for board/surf style racks that come stock on the X-Series models.

yamaha-boats-212x-2018-black-white-green-soundbar-speakers-tower.jpg

They're sold thru Monster Tower (https://www.monstertower.com/swivel-wakeboard-surfboard-rack.html). The problem is the rear tube diameter of the AR tower is smaller (2"?) whereas the X-Series is different (2.5"?). As you can see from the link 2.5" is the only available size, I called and verified just to be certain. (It might be possible to use a sleeve?) Just out of coincidence I checked my local classifieds and some guy in southern Utah had a pair that look identical but actually have the correct size clamp... the previous owner of his boat thru them in but they didn't fit his boat, they were basically new so I snatched in them up! They're awesome, and actually fit a surf board.
20170628_190714.jpg
They aren't a quick release, but I don't mind...

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They about 11' long and 30+" wide. The only place I really think would be viable is on top of my tower, but I'm thinking that would also require additional support and maybe be just as inconvenient when your wanting to wakeboard/surf/ski.

I'm not 100% sure who the manufacturer is...? I was looking for board/surf style racks that come stock on the X-Series models.

View attachment 72783

They're sold thru Monster Tower (https://www.monstertower.com/swivel-wakeboard-surfboard-rack.html). The problem is the rear tube diameter of the AR tower is smaller (2"?) whereas the X-Series is different (2.5"?). As you can see from the link 2.5" is the only available size, I called and verified just to be certain. (It might be possible to use a sleeve?) Just out of coincidence I checked my local classifieds and some guy in southern Utah had a pair that look identical but actually have the correct size clamp... the previous owner of his boat thru them in but they didn't fit his boat, they were basically new so I snatched in them up! They're awesome, and actually fit a surf board.
View attachment 72784
They aren't a quick release, but I don't mind...
Very nice. Quick release are overrated if they swivel. But if you do store that beautiful boat outside I do see why one might want quick release. Not sure about you all but my baby stays inside with security. Lol

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice. Quick release are overrated if they swivel. But if you do store that beautiful boat outside I do see why one might want quick release. Not sure about you all but my baby stays inside with security. Lol
I heard that! I travel with my boat a lot so having the quick release I believe would come in handy when I'm traveling to prevent someone from stealing them! My buddy had his stolen off the boat in Florida last year at the hotel. Didn't take anything else....just the wake racks... lol