• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sportjet 120 Ignition

dharrisauto86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Sportster
Boat Length
I've searched the internet, searched this forum and found a ton of great info. I have a 1995 Regal Rush the I recently reacquired for cheap because it lost spark. I determined the stator is bad. My biggest question, is there an end all solution to the ignition woes with the sport jet 120's? Regulator/rectifier? relay? etc?
Thanks in advance for the help.
-Dan

dharrisauto86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Sportster
Boat Length
Well, I went with the CDI Electronics stator and their voltage regulator/rectifier. The boat now has spark and starts and runs smooth (amazing, as the gas is a few years old). I think my son pumped the throttle before I started it the second time which resulted in a backfire. The silver lining here is I have to pull the ride plate to change the thru-hull fitting for the place diverter cable anyways. It's not blow to bits like I've seen from others, just slightly bent down about 3/4".