• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sportjet 120 - Rectifier

palessard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi folks

I understand the rectifier is bad on these engines.

Luckily, mine has no ignition trouble yet, but I'm considering a preventative swap of the rectifier. This thread: https://jetboaters.net/threads/sport-jet-force-mosfet-rectifier-regulator.16219/ seems to mention that we can swap the rectifier for a jetski one.

Now I'm an apprentice mechanic and the electrical part of things kinda boggles my mind, so I'm not too sure what to look for exactly. I understand @Cobra Jet Steering LLC linked to a Yamaha Waverunner 1000 rectifier. Would this part fit the bill? Regulator Rectifier for Yamaha FX1000 Waverunner 1000 2007 2008 FX1000 | eBay

Also, does anyone know how to connect everything back together?

Thanks for the help and happy boating.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would look at something like this instead, where the wires are in place so you can splice easier.

There are some Jetski ones that also come with the wiring already in place for Seadoos.

Best of Luck!

palessard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick reply. I ordered the part you linked, hopefully it'll make this engine a little bit less troublesome.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yes look for 3 yellow field wires a red power wire and either a black ground or a grounded case those will also make your battery last longer because theY regulate the charging voltage to the battery
your system has 3 -2 amp fields so not sure what that one has but you need all 6 amps.