• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spring mods

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So this is my first spring with our boat. We bought it last spring... so this thread will be for all the stupid easy questions for the mods I will be doing but want to use the knowledge and experience of this form to make it easy and less stressful.

1st question....
What size drill bit did everyone use to take up the carpet snaps in prep for seadek install?

And as always.. txs in advance!

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The standard #2 should be fine. It's your normal size bit. Not difficult to come up at all, you could prolly do it with just a screw driver.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just did a doubletake - So...for clarification - a #2 phillips head screwdriver, not a drill bit.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Number two Phillips screwdriver OR number two Phillips bit.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I ran I to trouble with the mounting plate for my radio so whike I am waiting on the guys at @JetBoatPilot to get back with me I have started to remove the old stock speakers and preparing to install the new ones with the led rings... for those who have done this, how did u run the rgb wire from the port aide to the starboard side?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ran my wires for my LED's around the top of the gunwales and then through the bow area under the anchor locker and through the top of the engine compartment, all terminating back in the helm cabinet.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ran my wires for my LED's around the top of the gunwales and then through the bow area under the anchor locker and through the top of the engine compartment, all terminating back in the helm cabinet.
That's looks like what i am going to do.... the only concern I had was heat in the engine compartment...

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I have a replacement wired radio remote for the swim deck for my new fusion radio.... does anyone know if the wire is inside the conduit rhat runs along the starboard side or is it run differently?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I ran I to trouble with the mounting plate for my radio so whike I am waiting on the guys at @JetBoatPilot to get back with me I have started to remove the old stock speakers and preparing to install the new ones with the led rings... for those who have done this, how did u run the rgb wire from the port aide to the starboard side?
Just installed led speakers and led lights in my boat I skipped the engine compartment for the same concern you mentioned. I used a wire coat hanger and pulled mine through the helm and through the head compartment in the little gaps between both. The helm was a little tricky not sur ethe difference between you boat and mine but on mine a had to remove the little cuby in front of the throttle to get the hanger coming through the helm then push it back through the back seat. Below is a quick video of the finished project.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sooo navtronics..... I have the free app on my phone. To subscribe is 49.99 a year.. if I buy a subscription will all the feature work on my phone? Eventually I want to get something better to mount in the boat but for now i want to use what I have. Anyone ever use this?

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Navtronics? Or Navionics? I have Navionics on my iPad and it worked ok. I opted to pay the 50 bucks and it is REALLY worth it. You get a lot more info over the free version.

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am about to pull the trigger on the Garmin 741xs. I'm just trying to figure out if I want to buy it local and have it NOW or buy online, save a few bucks and wait for delivery.

Navionics works well from my little use on the iPad. Nor sure if the smaller phone screen would be a hindrance or not. Also, my iphone sucks to view in sunlight and the Garmin is much better and made for day light use.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Navionics app and it works pretty good. They must have changed things since I bought it as I didn't have a subscription just paid for it and the features I wanted as I went. I think my total cost was around $40 after adding features I wanted. The auto routing feature is really nice on long trips. @Bruce is your subscription based or was it a one time deal like mine?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10, is the $50 price for your phone or a tablet? I remember Navoinics HD for a tablet being $50 but not for phones.

This is the $10 iOS Boating USA App https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boating-usa/id377908737?mt=8
This is the Android version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.navionics.singleAppUsa&hl=en
This is the $50 iPad HD version https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boating-usa-hd/id409794234?mt=8
And the $50 Android HD version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.navionics.singleAppUsaHD&hl=en

I purchased all but the iPad version. I have purchased renewals for the iPhone version. For example I renewed the $5 auto routing feature. But everything else has continued to work fine on all installed copies.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was talking about using it with my phone... I have the free app on it now and it says to upgrade it is 49.99

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was talking about using it with my phone... I have the free app on it now and it says to upgrade it is 49.99
What phone do you have? What does this upgrade offer?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a Samsung note 4... I can use the map live but I can't track and there are none of the channel or navigational stuff..

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length