• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spring mods

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The added features you get over the base version are very cool and were worst the additional money I paid for them. If that $49 is a one time shot I would say go for it. If it's an annual fee I would try and consider how important they are to you. I do several long trips a year so a gps with many features are a must and I like the navionics app better then my garmin gps map 78sc. If I only boated local in lakes and some rivers I would likely stick with the free version.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the $10 app that @Bruce will be enough for me... I just gotta remember my Google pw..
The $10 Navionics for phones and the $50 Navionics HD for tablets are the same except the HD version is designed for larger and higher resolution screens. I would uninstall the HD version and try to install the $10 version. I have the HD version installed on my kids Nexus 7 tablets.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you have a SeaTow membership you get a discount as well, if that helps anyone.

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got my SeaTow membership after I got my Navionics, darn it!!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm on a SeaTow trial because of my purchase, but switching back to iOS soon. So I'm waiting to purchase unless anyone knows if you can transfer account between devices.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So to further my adventure with my spring mods I have run into an small issue... The swing deck remote I am replacing with a fusion remote.... The hole in the boat is smaller than the 15/8 hole needed for the fusion to mount to..... But just barley.... I need to make this whole a little bigger.. Other than using a drimmel tool what can I use?

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 I did the same upgrade last fall. I used a wheel sander to open up the hole. You would be amazed at how little I had to remove to get the Fusion to go in. No need to get too aggressive removing material.

The worst part... get ready for it... one of the old mounting holes was left exposed... dammit :banghead:. I filled with epoxy and did a gelcoat patch. Can't even tell it was there. I'm happy now :winkingthumbsup"

Take a look, that is the route I went. I wonder though if you open up the hole further, will it cover the old mounting holes completely???

By the way, let me know if you have any other issues. PM me if needed and we can talk too if that would help.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Txs @waterboy .... I don't think it will hit the mounting holes because it just barley needs to be larger... The next issue is finding the oubting screws to put it back in.. The odl ones were small bolts with little nuts on the back... I'm not gonna do that if I don't have too....I already have the cable ran from the back to behind the steering wheel so I just gotta get this done.... I'll try your solution... Seems easy enough

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not looked back there yet could you take a drill bit and lightly run it on the edges to make the hole a little bigger? This is blind info on my end though as I have not seen this yet.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would use a sanding drum attachment on a drill then. I have used a regular 3/8 inch drill bit that you use to drill a hole to enlarge a hole like that by turning the drill on and running it lightly around the edges but have never tried it on fiberglass.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So Im getting close to installing my fusion radio... The picture below is the factory plug off of the factory radio... The plug on the boat is the same and I will have to replace! The fusion radio comes with different ends to attach to the wires so you can use the plug on the fusion radio..
20160319_152424.jpg
I know both the yellow and red wires are power and need to be connected. I am sure the black wire is a ground as well. I am not sure about the blue wire.. It has a 1 amp fuse in it... Back light maybe?
20160319_152431.jpg
Which wires are speaker wires and which wires go to which speaker?

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So Im getting close to installing my fusion radio... The picture below is the factory plug off of the factory radio... The plug on the boat is the same and I will have to replace! The fusion radio comes with different ends to attach to the wires so you can use the plug on the fusion radio..
View attachment 34530
I know both the yellow and red wires are power and need to be connected. I am sure the black wire is a ground as well. I am not sure about the blue wire.. It has a 1 amp fuse in it... Back light maybe?
View attachment 34531
Which wires are speaker wires and which wires go to which speaker?
It could be a couple things. The blue wire maybe a remote wire for an amp usually one of the wires on a aftermarket radio is. If that's the case it would hook up to the remote wire on a amp to only turn the amp on when the head unit is on. If you do not have an amp it would not be used if it is indeed that.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhh that makes since ... The blue wire was not in the other half of the harness... I bought the fusion ud 750.. We just arrived at disney.. We will be going home on Saturday.. Then I'll tackle the radio..

Txs for a the input and diagrams.