• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SR210 make a whining noise,poor acceleration

Timmy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've had my boat out six times this year. After the sixth time I have the boat a top to bottom, inside and out cleaning (motor compartment etc.). The next time I took it out I noticed a high pitched sound from both motor and experienced poor acceleration. Any ideas? Thanks

Sounds like something is interrupting the engine air intake. I would look at the air filters. Can you isolate the sound to one engine or the other?

Is it possible something got wrapped around the impeller shaft inside the engine compartment or out?

Both engines? Air intake or shaft issues on both at one time seems very unlikely. That said, I can't say I have a better idea presently. Is the poor acceleration on both engines as well? High pitched whine could be that some gasket got knocked off or some soundproofing material or something. The poor performance ... well, that one I have no ideas.

Both engines? Air intake or shaft issues on both at one time seems very unlikely. That said, I can't say I have a better idea presently. Is the poor acceleration on both engines as well? High pitched whine could be that some gasket got knocked off or some soundproofing material or something. The poor performance ... well, that one I have no ideas.
I would consider checking the air filters. Maybe try running without them to see if you get a difference in performance & sound. Sounds to me like an engine breathing problem. Have you changed spark plugs recently? Possibly check/change them.

Poor excelleration could be the result of only one engine or impeller not performing properly. It was only mentioned that both engines were whining.

Did you change oil or top it off?

Back