• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

St. Croix River Hudson WI 4th of July Weekend

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
We are traveling up there on the 1st-5th. We have reserved a slip at the city dock/cruise pier along the Hudson Dike since that was the last place with slip availability for a couple days since it’s convenient. Any one use this before? It’s cheap but it gets a lot of foot traffic walking by so if it looks like too many people could mess with the boat we will scratch the plan and trailer everyday.

We have family up there so we will have a full boat. If any of the locals up there have plans to be out let me know. It would be cool to meet other members if everyone’s schedule permits. Hope to be doing some watersports but with 3-5 little kids I’m sure the Reef mat will be in full force most of the time so good area to float and swim would be great.

Any suggestions are welcomed of things to do. Can’t wait!!!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wisconsin people are pretty "non-stealy" when it comes to other people's stuff. Out of sight, out of mind. Don't forget to say "ope, 'scuse me." if you bump into someone. :)

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Wisconsin people are pretty "non-stealy" when it comes to other people's stuff. Out of sight, out of mind. Don't forget to say "ope, 'scuse me." if you bump into someone. :)
Yeah. Trying to weed out “Ope” from my vocabulary but it’s a tuff one 😂

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
We are traveling up there on the 1st-5th. We have reserved a slip at the city dock/cruise pier along the Hudson Dike since that was the last place with slip availability for a couple days since it’s convenient. Any one use this before? It’s cheap but it gets a lot of foot traffic walking by so if it looks like too many people could mess with the boat we will scratch the plan and trailer everyday.

We have family up there so we will have a full boat. If any of the locals up there have plans to be out let me know. It would be cool to meet other members if everyone’s schedule permits. Hope to be doing some watersports but with 3-5 little kids I’m sure the Reef mat will be in full force most of the time so good area to float and swim would be great.

Any suggestions are welcomed of things to do. Can’t wait!!!
I can't speak on docking in Hudson as I have never done that. I would probably stick to that plan as any other launch will probably be packed by 8am.

We live in Woodbury and will be launching from Windmill marina on the 4th. Our plan is to be in the Hudson area as Afton and Stillwater both canceled fireworks this year.

Last edited:

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Also wanted to add that the public dock in Prescott is being renovated. Not sure when it will be done so if you are planning to head that way, I would check and see if the dock will be done.

If this is the first time around at the river on a holiday, make sure to adhere to the no wake zones. The sheriffs were out in full force on Sunday and will be through the weekend.

You will also see a small bridge to the north of the docks that leads to a small bay. We explored it a few weeks ago and it was really shallow (3 feet at some spots) so we got out of there.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Also wanted to add that the public dock in Prescott is being renovated. Not sure when it will be done so if you are planning to head that way, I would check and see if the dock will be done.

If this is the first time around at the river on a holiday, make sure to adhere to the no wake zones. The sheriffs were out in full force on Sunday and will be through the weekend.

You will also see a small bridge to the north of the docks that leads to a small bay. We explored it a few weeks ago and it was really shallow (3 feet at some spots) so we got out of there.
Good to know. We may swing by the Point St. Croix marina. My uncle just sold his boat and slip he had there or the past 20yrs sine they bought a new house but we did have a transient space available. Who knows now. That was our plan to slip there until two weeks ago.

ericoask424

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive stayed in Hudson on my sisters boat. No worries there, plenty safe. Heading up to Prescott on Friday. Good to know about the public dock.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Saw someone’s boat at the Hudson dock yesterday. Easy last minute slip for overnight for us.
9024C689-EEA3-4851-8CF6-0753102798A5.jpeg5D52A7D1-15F0-4E74-A7A1-B0DDAC900BFB.jpeg