• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

St Georges Island FL

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got a trip planned to St Georges Island in a couple weeks. Anyone been there before. Planning to bring boat. For sure my buddies I/O maybe my SX240. Any suggestions on locations, or anything comments on the area?

We camped in the state park on St George (St George Island State Park) in April probably three years ago and had a great time. Didn't seem to be much in the way of touristy down town stuff, so it was really quiet and laid back which is just the way we like it. Beeches are beautiful and I imagine the boating to be great.
Every night the ghost crabs came out of the surf and wandered about doing whatever ghost crabs do at night.

We are staying same place. Hoping for good weather and a good time.

Beautiful area, the last 5 months I was working at Cape San Blas over on St. Joseph peninsula. I love the "Forgotten Coast". Sadly I haven't gotten to boat around there, I planned to this summer but now we are moving to TX.
I've been out a lot around Panama City in St Andrews bay and Shell Island, it's just as nice down there!

Haven't been there yet, but have heard cool things about it. Would eventually like to get over there.

We rented a beach house on the island several years back, before I had a boat, so I didn't have my "boater's perspective" at the time. There was a decent restaurant on the beach by the condos when you first get to the island.

We went to a marina in St Joe for a sunset cruise (sort of what started the "I need a boat problem"), so there was a launch there. There are also several islands that are only accessible by boat. I seem to recall the lighthouse being rebuilt somewhere.

Watch out for turtles, as they're protected and you have a chance to see Dolphins swimming in the surf close to shore early in the morning.

Have fun.

Back