• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stability issues with 2021 EX Limited

LickittySplit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Is anyone experiencing any stability issues with the steering?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you be more specific as to your issue?

You might have better feedback on Greenhulk or another wave runner focused forum.

Also, might want to inquire with Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC as he might offer a solution.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
what make and model

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I find the EX stable with one rider. When you add a second its not as stable. 3 up and its very unstable

LickittySplit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I find the EX stable with one rider. When you add a second its not as stable. 3 up and its very unstable
When I have a passenger I fight the steering. Is this normal? I barely have 3hrs on it. It’s not enjoyable riding when I have to fight the steering.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately the EX line is an entry level ski, its very light, narrow, and short compared to their VX line. This makes it more like old school early 90s skis. I own a EX Deluxe and a FZS svho, and they are in 2 different worlds when it comes to stablility.
I cant even believe they consider the EX a 3 seater. Because is your passenger is heavy or real tall you are in for a stressful ride

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you explain what you mean by fight the steering? Not sure what you mean there

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have 2 2021 cruisers hated the chine walk between 20 and 25 mph I did some mods to reduce that as for steering well I add my steering to all my p w c's and they are unbelievable I go 60 MPH directly at the mangroves and a few feet from the trees I turn and go the other way I drive it standing on the seat also I can turn on a dime at w o t Honestly I never drove it stock so I can not comment on that as I have no experience Me testing out the extreme handling capabilities of the new 2021 FX HO skies | testing the stability and handling of my new skies after I modified them | By Cobra jet steering | Facebook jeff walkowiak testing out the steering and stability of his modifications on his new 2021 FX HO skies | carving hard | By Cobra jet steering | Facebook testing the extreme handling capabilities of my new 2021 fx ho skies and driving while standing on the seat including turning the handle bars from the top of the seat | Jeff kicking the butt of his new skies including standing on the seat and turning the handlebars to steer it from on top of the seat to show it's... | By Cobra jet steering | Facebook 2021 Yamaha fx ho skies after being modified | me testing the skis for stability and handling | By Cobra jet steering | Facebook these were made when I was testing my steering on the skies when they were new. My Girl friend tried to do them with her phone while sitting on a ski but I moved pretty fast so half the time all you see is water flying up in the air but pay close attention when you can seer the ski turn really sharp when any stock ski would just spin out.

LickittySplit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Unfortunately the EX line is an entry level ski, its very light, narrow, and short compared to their VX line. This makes it more like old school early 90s skis. I own a EX Deluxe and a FZS svho, and they are in 2 different worlds when it comes to stablility.
I cant even believe they consider the EX a 3 seater. Because is your passenger is heavy or real tall you are in for a stressful ride
You are exactly right, STRESSFUL!! It’s not even fun. I am sick that I bought the thing. I have had a jet ski brand and a Polaris. Never had an issue. Is there a forum I can visit just for Wave Runners?

LickittySplit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
You are exactly right, STRESSFUL!! It’s not even fun. I am sick that I bought the thing. I have had a jet ski brand and a Polaris. Never had an issue. Is there a forum I can visit just for Wave Runners?
Is there anything that can be done for me to have better handling of the ski?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If it is a 2 seater the ski can flip very easily if the passenger is not instructed to sit in the center and not lean at all If they lean at slow speed you flip and that leads to needing to know how to get yourself and the passenger back on the ski in deep water I have always said when it comes to a p w c subtract 1 person from the capacity to avoid tipping over. I have had a pair of passengers lean when I was idling around to see a dolphin and we went over very quickly there was nothing I could do, and that was on a 3 seater so if your ski is a 2 seater you either need to teach the passenger how important it is to avoid leaning or do not take passengers at all. I also teach them to lock their feet in the foot wells so they do not get pushed to the side in high speed turns to keep control in high speed turns in the pictures I was giving a high speed ride in very shallow water to a foreign exchange student but I only took one at a time.1661038654703.png 1661038753723.png1661038788247.png

LickittySplit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
If it is a 2 seater the ski can flip very easily if the passenger is not instructed to sit in the center and not lean at all If they lean at slow speed you flip and that leads to needing to know how to get yourself and the passenger back on the ski in deep water I have always said when it comes to a p w c subtract 1 person from the capacity to avoid tipping over. I have had a pair of passengers lean when I was idling around to see a dolphin and we went over very quickly there was nothing I could do, and that was on a 3 seater so if your ski is a 2 seater you either need to teach the passenger how important it is to avoid leaning or do not take passengers at all. I also teach them to lock their feet in the foot wells so they do not get pushed to the side in high speed turns to keep control in high speed turns in the pictures I was giving a high speed ride in very shallow water to a foreign exchange student but I only took one at a time.View attachment 186137 View attachment 186138View attachment 186139
Mine is a three up. It sucks! Do you know if Yamaha has a forum I can message?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Greenhulk is a jet ski board, but some members can be rude to say the least

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there anything that can be done for me to have better handling of the ski?
Kick the passenger off. Lol
Its like a motorcycle, a passenger that isnt aware about how to react on a bike shouldn't be on it. You cant just turn all over and move around when the driver isn't ready for the movement, but there is surely a learning curve to handling a ski that is unstable. You learn to be ready to counter the motion