• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starboard Transducer Mount

Hamandbiscuits

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Howdy. I just picked up a new 2022 Yamaha 195 FSH Sport last week and am currently in the process of ordering and outfitting all of my electronics. I am a Raymarine guy, and am adding an Axiom 9+ along with an Rv100 Transom Mount transducer.

While I’ve done it before, I really can’t stomach the thought of drilling into the transom of a brand new boat at this point. I am thinking about 5200ing a 1” thick square puck of King Starboard to the transom, and screwing the transducer into that.

Anyone done something like this before, or have any feedback on it? My previous transducers have always been a shoot through type, but I really want to play around with Realvision and such (we don’t fish, I am just a major electronics nerd and want to use it for underwater exploring).

Thanks!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
If you havent done it yet, I hear these are pretty good. I'm about to install a Garmin Striker Vivid 7SV on my 2022 SX 195. Likewise, all of our boats on lake erie had thru hull transducers and I do not like the idea of drilling into a boat, let alone drilling under the waterline. As Yamaha's have a stepped hull, watch where you place the transducer for cavitation. @HawaiiBreeze has a good pt. 2 YouTube video explaining the hull cavitation and where he mounted his transom transducer for best results.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess we are all late to the table for @Hamandbiscuits . You can use 5200, but there are kits called https://sternsaver.com/our-products/
I installed an Axiom 9 Rv and an RV200 thru hull transducer on our sailboat. Very happy with it 4 years later. I don't mind drilling holes, that is what 5200/4200 is for.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am currently restoring a late 80's Yar Craft fishing boat. And I am pulling multiple transducer brackets off the back of the fiberglass/wood transom.

I plan on filling all holes with 5200, and then using the 5200 and two screws to put a transom plate on for the next 'ducer. I know I may have one or more, so the plate will make so much sense.

The Simrad we have on the Yamaha is screwed right into the transom, but I can tell it was done poorly. Screws have come loose, the bracket has been hit. But it is still solid now and functions great just a couple feet to the port side of the jets.

Best of luck!

Hamandbiscuits

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Haha, no worries on the late to the game. I ended up getting one of the transom savers with the 3m VHB on the back. I buffed the area with scotch brite and cleaned it really well, and stuck it on there. It is working like an absolute charm (even with the ridiculously large RV-100). I get a pretty decent picture with little distortion now… I am not a fisherman, but have had some fun looking at wrecks on the bottom and such now.

I’ve got a Ray73 VHF and Fusion BB-100 Black Box (to replace the awful stock Jensen head unit) sitting here just waiting for warmer weather to be installed, and my Raymarine Augmented Reality gear is all en route now as well)

Attachments