• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starter relay, oem or aftermarket

Dieselpwr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to replace a starter relay on my sx230. Prices are allover the place on these. For those that have replaced, did you go OEM or aftermarket?

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought an aftermarket (SBT) voltage rectifier and it was nothing but trouble, two of them didn't work and the third worked but seemed to run hotter than expected. What should have been a one day fix turned into several weeks.

Go OEM

chesbay007

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have bought and installed both. I have bought two after market ones on amazon. One lasted a few years and one lasted a few weeks. It's a fair amount of work to replace and I would recommended that you go with oem.

Dieselpwr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I was leaning towards OEM simply because of the hassle to replace it.