• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starter Relay Replacement - 2006 SX210

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience replacing starter relays in a 2006 era SX210? The problem I've been having with my port motor not starting (no crank, no click) has come back. Some further investigation on the forum tells me that the problem may be the relays. I'm going to attempt to change them out and I'm hoping someone has done this and can give me some tips or let me know what to watch out for. I don't want to just start unscrewing things without a plan of attack. Couldn't find anything on Youtube. They are mounted in the electrical /fuse boxes on the forward wall of the engine bay.20220724_163409.jpg20220724_163504.jpg

I'm presuming that I need to remove the whole fusebox from the engine compartment wall and open it from the back. I'm not sure if it is screwed in or not. I don't think that there is any way it could be bolted in with no access from behind. Once I get it off and open it, I think it will be self explanatory.

If it’s like the newer ones then yes, remove & there will be bolts holding the back cover on that you’ll have to remove to get to the guts.

Just did the Port relay on my 230 last year, and now my Starboard relay is intermittently giving me problems. Already have the relay for it, haven’t changed it. Mine is designed a bit different, but I’d guess the procedure is similar. Fairly straightforward on mine, I’m sure the 210’s are too.

If you haven’t seen this I would guess it is similar -

It’s cake. I thought it was my relay but needed a new starter.

Back