• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starved Rock to Peoria, IL Run

Starved Rock to Peoria Run...Sun. Oct. 12, 2014

• Total voters

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone-

Every year, in October, we have a run on the Illinois river from Starved Rock Park in Peru, IL to Peoria IL. This is a 78 mile trip. It usually takes us 2 or so hours to cruise down. We eat lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and head back up. It is usually a nice relaxing pace. In 2013 we had 13 boats participate and approximately 60 people! (@JCampbell , @Sheboat , @Nathan Bryant , @007 , @sx210owner , @trace , @Speedling , @Wake08 , @dan144k ,@buckbuck )

JoesAerial.jpg
This year the trip will be scheduled for either Saturday October 4 or Sunday, October 5, 2014. We will plan to leave Starved Rock at 9:00 am. Everyone should plan on getting there between 8:15 am - 8:30 am, so that we can launch and be ready to go by 9 am. We always encourage boaters to dress in layers. We usually always start off in sweats and end up in t-shirts by afternoon.

So, what do you think - Saturday October 4, 2014 or Sunday October 5, 2014? Please give feedback.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I of course prefer the Saturday.
A bit of a ways out though, ain't it?
Of course, Shelbyville is too, but it's completely booked!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I of course prefer the Saturday.
A bit of a ways out though, ain't it?
Of course, Shelbyville is too, but it's completely booked!
Yeah, it is kind of early for this discussion but our lives are so busy and I wanted everyone to put it on their calendar before it starts filling up.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Depending on my boat outings this year, I might want to do this. If not with the boat then ride along.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Depending on my boat outings this year, I might want to do this. If not with the boat then ride along.
Sounds great! You are always welcome to ride along and if you feel like coming up the day before, you are welcome to stay with us. It will be a 3 - 3 1/2 hr drive for you to get to Starved Rock Park on the day of the cruise or 4 - 4 1/2 hr drive to get to my house the day before. I don't know what the other STL guys are doing, but Hotel Thomas will accommodate.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm hoping to make this trip with you, just have to talk my wife into it. @jcyamaharider, maybe I'll just leave her in STL and you can ride with me.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Heck if there is this much intrest then maybe I can take the boat and maybe split some fuel costs? Or vise verse. @mattschepker @sstegh

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@mattschepker It depends on how much time we have. For day trips we usually end up at Mark Twain Lake, for long weekends we like to go to Table Rock.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@mattschepker It depends on how much time we have. For day trips we usually end up at Mark Twain Lake, for long weekends we like to go to Table Rock.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same here Matt.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dont do the old Mississippi river?

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sstegh, @jcyamaharider and @mattschepker...I did this run last year with Mark and my buddy Steve. We drove hard to get there, we drove hard on the water. Then we had to drive home tired! Left my house in St. Charles about 3am, got home pretty late too (well after dark, I don't remember). Think we blew something like $3o0 in gas! :wideyed: We ran WOT several times during the trip and for what seemed like the last hour back to the dock.

Fun trip, but for a one day run from the STL area it was brutal on the body and the wallet. I'd do it again if we could round up 4-5 guys. Pretty expensive for 3 guys to do. Jerry, you might not get home until midnight from this trip.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As always some great words of wisdom from a friend putting it in reality. I do remember how tired you and Mark were last year. Like I said we will just see how this boating season goes and what "other" things pop up this year.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As always some great words of wisdom from a friend putting it in reality. I do remember how tired you and Mark were last year. Like I said we will just see how this boating season goes and what "other" things pop up this year.
You guys are all welcome to make a weekend of it and stay with us. The only rule will be no nasty beer (i.e. natty light) in my house.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds good too me. I am with Jeff I think the more guys from the STL to split fuel cost would be better.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are all welcome to make a weekend of it and stay with us. The only rule will be no nasty beer (i.e. natty light) in my house.
I guess that weekend I could i switch over to the expensive beer.
Sounds good too me. I am with Jeff I think the more guys from the STL to split fuel cost would be better.
I know we are traveling a lot this year but more likely I probably be down for it