• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starved Rock to Peoria Run...Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone-

Every year, in October, we have a run on the Illinois river from Starved Rock Park in Peru, IL to Peoria IL. This is a 78 mile trip. It usually takes us 2 or so hours to cruise down. We eat lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and head back up. It is usually a nice relaxing pace. In 2013 we had 13 boats participate and approximately 60 people!

View attachment 2520
This year the trip will be scheduled for Saturday October 10, 2015. We will plan to leave Starved Rock at 9:00 am. Everyone should plan on getting there between 8:15 am - 8:30 am, so that we can launch and be ready to go by 9 am. We always encourage boaters to dress in layers. We usually always start off in sweats and end up in t-shirts by afternoon.

Confirmed Attendees:

@OperationROL & @OperationROL's Wife
@scot71
@RampRage
@RxH2O
@RiverRat & @Mrs. RiverRat
@JCampbell
@buckbuck
@Just1more
@YamahaForMe
@Justin G.
@Speedling
@Kumpy
@Tom Barton
@shane hric

@Speedling, @Wake08, @RxH2O, @buckbuck, @pumps and hose, @Nathan Bryant, @Steve & Heidi, @Justin G., @JC6275, @aarons1k , @RiverRat, @GTBRMC ,@dan144k, @scot71, @scot71 wife, @Eric Popper, @BryanW, @Sheboat, @Tom Barton, @Kumpy, @Just1more, @YamahaForMe, @OperationROL's Wife, @Shelbyville

Last edited:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Is that 78 miles round trip? Or one way? Only asking because I've got the gas guzzler in the group and I've heard that's about my range. As of now we're for sure interested. Might as well put us on the list. Don't have anything planned that weekend that @Mrs. RiverRat or I can think of.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You can fill up in peoria so you can run full throttle part of the way home.
I certainly hope to come!

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Really would like to do this.... Would be nice to meet you all! Will let you know if we can make it!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Really would like to do this.... Would be nice to meet you all! Will let you know if we can make it!
Sounds good! I hope it works out!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Put us in the confirmed column. I may bring my dry suit to get one last surf run in before putting the boat away.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We won't know for a bit as I won't have my work schedule for October for a while. If I'm not working, I'm in!

Eric

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We may be able to go, wife said only if weather warmer, she froze 2 years ago when we went.

Kumpy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will go, likely get a room at the lodge or drag the 5th wheel and camp....any other campers?..L0dgers?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We may be able to go, wife said only if weather warmer, she froze 2 years ago when we went.
Tell her it will be 89 and sunny.......somewhere. .....

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We will go, likely get a room at the lodge or drag the 5th wheel and camp....any other campers?..L0dgers?
Welcome aboard! It would be wonderful if can male it. We look forward to seeing you and your crew. I am not sure if anyone camps for this trip but I am sure you will find accommodations easily.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes, welcome aboard @Kumpy ! Definitely can't go wrong if you start hanging out with this group of boaters. Where abouts do you normally boat?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Kumpy add your location to your profile and you can bring up the user map. Then you can see where all of us live! You would be surprised how many are near you!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome Kumpy. We look forward to meeting you and your family.

Kumpy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, welcome aboard @Kumpy ! Definitely can't go wrong if you start hanging out with this group of boaters. Where abouts do you normally boat?
Norris Lake Tennessee to Da U.P., Mainly Fox River/Chain-o-Lakes around Fox Lake

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are you in any of these pictures? Did I sit and talk with you at the restaurant?group on dock2.jpg IMG_5158.JPG

Kumpy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am standing behind my wife, near center/right. She has red coat/white hat, I 'm in black coat.
One of the Ar's in the background..3rd or 4th?

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anybody have room in their boat for Liean and I? We would like to do the trip, but it would be a 6 hour one way tow from where we keep the boat.