• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stbd check engine light

MIKEP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hi all

Recently had the STBD check engine alarm go off (2015 AR240 120hrs). I’ve read everything in this forum regarding the topic but can’t get the alarm to permanently go off. Found out batteries were very low so I replaced them. Boat runs like new, nothing stuck in impellers, pee holes running fine, new batteries, reset connect system, disconnected battery to clear the code...I’m stumped. The alarm seems to come and go every other time I turn the batteries on and run the boat. Code I get is 0xC1. Any recommendations? Is it time to give in and take it to a dealer? Thanks for anyone’s advice!!

Attachments

jimbor98

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the same issue that popped up this past week. I turned everything off and killed the battery switches, though the problem remains. I cant tell what is wrong with the STBD engine, though the alarm continues and the code is still there two days later. I have batteries fully removed and will fully charge them and put them back in a few days and see if that helps reset anything. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated, not finding much out there.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same issue that popped up this past week. I turned everything off and killed the battery switches, though the problem remains. I cant tell what is wrong with the STBD engine, though the alarm continues and the code is still there two days later. I have batteries fully removed and will fully charge them and put them back in a few days and see if that helps reset anything. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated, not finding much out there.
One possible scenario involves a sequence where the battery switches are turned off immediately or prior to turning the engines off with ignition switches. I can not find the thread right now, but there is supposed to be a 20sec delay/wait after ignition is turned off - before the battery switches can be safely turned off.

Once a CEL alarm goes off it may need to be cleared by the dealer, unfortunately, if it does not clear itself. The only other option may be a Maptuner X but few would have those, most will be able to access a dealer.

I do not believe users can access anything in Connext with the YDS, like in older models.

--

Ryn1127

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am having the same issue. Any more info on this? Thanks in advance!

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This just popped up for me today at the lake. My 2015 is still on factory batteries. How long should those last? I’ve been using trickle charger last 2 years. Gonna start troubleshooting tomorrow

MIKEP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m still having this issue! Please see pics. Any thoughts on what’s going on? I even bought an on board battery charger thinking it was a low voltage warning but that didn’t fix the issue.77FFBDE1-E9E3-4C55-BEAF-2336C48585B5.jpeg11560CC8-D398-4BCF-85F0-1F6B035B7184.jpegA2F846B1-A8D9-4F27-A879-46D22018B241.jpeg

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you tested your batteries? I took mine to auto zone and both failed the test. I replaced the batteries and still had the error but after talking to the dealership they said it was probably a low voltage and they would have to clear it from the computer as it doesn’t go away by itself. I took it to them, they plugged it into their computer and cleared it after performing several checks. Was pretty easy.

Ed

MIKEP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Ed. I replaced them last year but hasn’t fixed the issue. It’s not consistent when the alarm goes off. One day it will go off every time I start the engines and the next day it won’t go off at all. It’s very odd. I’ve disconnected the batteries to try and reset it but that doesn’t do the trick for the long hull. When the alarm goes off I end up shutting down and starting it again. I do that 6-8 times then it clears. I’m probably going to have to bite the bullet at take it to the dealer.

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SPU-25 on mine is turned red... does that mean anything? I am also facing the same 0xC1 alarm, and the check engine light... any update on these issues? Thanks

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This damn thing just hit me again. Same engine (stbd). My batts are only 2 years old at this point amd on a trickle charger during the off season. Hell, I literally just picked up the boat from Phil Dill and paid the silly annual checkup fee, which included checking engines for codes and lake test, and what happened when we went to the lake tonight?? You guessed it, stbd check engine. Didn’t want to risk anything so didn’t launch. Have the batts unplugged right now to see if it will clear but don’t expect it to. Will see what happens. Super frustrated.

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am having the same issue but reported on the port engine... I've done everything I know and still hitting me right after I turn on the engine... I just added a 3rd battery (to be used as additional home power supply for new sound system), very annoying...

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took me boat back to the dealer yesterday. They hooked up the computer and was unable to see any code. Saved a file from the computer and sent to Yamaha and called them right there while I was sitting with them. Yamaha told them that they think possible old gas tripping the O2 sensor. Said it can happen at the beginning of a season first time. Recommended starting/stopping 3 times to clear. I told the tech I had done that 5 times plus disconnected the batteries...he told me that maybe why he couldn’t pull a code and that it may have eventually cleared itself. His recommendation was at the end of every season to run the boat down to 1/4 tank, apply treatment and tuck away for winter. Then beginning of new season fill the tank before the first start to get mostly new gas.

He reset the computer and started no problem with no errors. Even though I had half a tank he recommended I fill up before the next outing. Said if it comes back to go out and play just watch first little while for overheat alarm, if no overheat you should be good as limp mode will shut down the engine.

Filled the tank and went out last night no problem. Hoping to not see any further problems this season.