• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering Wheel upgrade Finally installed!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Big Shasta ....there was a large center nut, but I didn't have to touch it. My 2007 SX210 and my 2010 AR240 both had the 6 small Allen head screws to hold the wheel onto the actually adapter (or collar). They are pretty universal from what I have found.
That would have been SO much easier.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone happen to know if we have a "standard 3/4" tapered shaft"?

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Speaking of steering wheels, why do they separate the horn from the wheel? I've always thought that it was weird to have a horn button off to the side instead of on the wheel itself.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would probably wire in the horn switch on the wheel if its available

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Speaking of steering wheels, why do they separate the horn from the wheel? I've always thought that it was weird to have a horn button off to the side instead of on the wheel itself.
It's probably required to be on the wheel in a car but in a boat it's not and it would add complexity (cost) to have a sealed switch that could take a water environment and the spinning of the steering wheel. Simple answer.....it's cheaper.

doodguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where are you guys getting these steering wheels? I searched ebay and all I'm seeing is yamaha golf cart steering wheels. Just bought my 2004 SX230 used,and the steering wheel feels really aged. would like to get something nicer and newer.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@doodguy The wheel is just a generic wheel. You do not need to search specifically for a Yamaha wheel.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
when i think of searching for steerings wheels, i always refer to that movie "The Aviator". and quote "show me the blueprints" "show me the blueprints" "show me the blueprints"