• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stereo help

New to me 2018 AR240.

Looks to be OEM stereo with the addition of a Wetsounds sound bar on the tower. There is no sound coming out the port side speakers or the sound bar.

Not at all a stereo guy here. Looks like everything is plugged in under the Helm, checked the balance between left and right side speakers.

Not sure what else to check. Maybe the wiring at each speaker. The sound bar won't even power up when pushing the power button on the sound bar.

Any ideas?

Brother, me and you are/were in the same boat.

I'm soooooo not a speaker guy too. My brain just isn't wired for how speakers work. I replaced my factory speakers with Wet Sounds but the factory Polk head unit (and amp if it has one) was way underpowered. I'd have the volume turned all the way up and it sounded like the speakers were only playing at like 30%. It was bad. I purchased a 4 channel amp and had to send photos to my brother (just like you posted) to get is input about how to wire it up.

Over all, it wasn't bad. I had to cut the speaker wires coming out of the Polk head unit and run them to the amp (one speaker per channel so super easy) and then run RCAs to the amp.

Franky, I was out of my comfort zone but I did it.

If the factory Polk head unit (or amp) are bad I recommend you get a 4 channel amp and run the speakers thought that. I can send you photos of my install.

Oh got it, I thought the left side of the sound bar wasn’t working.

In that case , switch RCA at amp to see if issues switches sides, if not take out the left speakers. Check their resistance. If good then pop them with a 9v battery. If good then check for continuity between speaker wire at speaker and amp. If good then check for AC voltage out amplifier from speaker outputs. If good then you missed something above. If not good check your signal and zone levels, if good then bad amp.

I've already physically swapped the left side speakers with the right side to verify that it isn't the speakers themselves. And it isn't. The nonworking leftside speakers worked just fine when relocated to the right side.

At this point I just need a multimeter to test the left side wires at the amp to see if it is the amp or if there is a break in the wiring.

At least that is my thought.

Brother, me and you are/were in the same boat.

I'm soooooo not a speaker guy too. My brain just isn't wired for how speakers work. I replaced my factory speakers with Wet Sounds but the factory Polk head unit (and amp if it has one) was way underpowered. I'd have the volume turned all the way up and it sounded like the speakers were only playing at like 30%. It was bad. I purchased a 4 channel amp and had to send photos to my brother (just like you posted) to get is input about how to wire it up.

Over all, it wasn't bad. I had to cut the speaker wires coming out of the Polk head unit and run them to the amp (one speaker per channel so super easy) and then run RCAs to the amp.

Franky, I was out of my comfort zone but I did it.

If the factory Polk head unit (or amp) are bad I recommend you get a 4 channel amp and run the speakers thought that. I can send you photos of my install.

Very helpful. I will definitely reach out if I get to that point. Thanks!

I've already physically swapped the left side speakers with the right side to verify that it isn't the speakers themselves. And it isn't. The nonworking leftside speakers worked just fine when relocated to the right side.

At this point I just need a multimeter to test the left side wires at the amp to see if it is the amp or if there is a break in the wiring.

At least that is my thought.

That would be my next step.... along with voltage out of the amp.

Back