• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo Not Turning On. 2019 Yamaha 242 with Connext. Need Help

blackonblack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My stereo is not turning on after taking it out of winterization.

On the connect screen, I try to turn on the stereo and all tabs have a padlock on them. Pressing the 'turn on button' on the screen does nothing, and the stereo switch on the lower right of the steering wheel does nothing, none of the 3 lights on the switch illuminate or blink.

I have checked the 20a radio fuse in the battery compartment, and that was fine. I did find 2 blown 40a fuses on the 'wetsounds amp' forward of the helm. The other fuses I could see were fine.

Can you recommend any other places or fuses to check before I wave the white flag and bring it to the dealer?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the boat have a head unit on the swim deck? That’s the actual radio/audio control, the connext screen is actually a remote.

blackonblack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It does, I always considered that the remote. I will take a look at that next time I'm out there, thanks

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Try pushing the red button. Or the remote cable has come unhooked 1650769927118.png

blackonblack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, would i find the remote wire going into the unit on the back platform or at the helm?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, would i find the remote wire going into the unit on the back platform or at the helm?
Both, there are little covers on the left and right side of the front that head unit. You got to pop those off and unscrew 4 screws to get the head unit out. I don’t remember but I think there is a fuse in the back of that as well. all the wires/connections are labeled. The run up the starboard side of your boat to the back of your dash.

I’ve found that if you hit the mute button on the head unit the connext can’t control any audio until you hit unmute from the head unit. Red button is a good idea too

blackonblack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for all the replies. It'll be a week before I get back out there but I'll report back, hopefully with a happy ending

blackonblack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Happy ending. . .

Blown 15a fuse on the back of the head unit at the swim deck. Thanks for the help fellas! Boating season has officially started now!

TreeMan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When this happened could you operate the radio from the head unit on the stern? I can’t operate mine from connext but it works great at the head unit.

blackonblack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, nothing was working stereo wise

ramon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys..... having same issue.. I went thru everything listed on here and still nothing is there anything else before I set this thing on fire