• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stereo Remote Communication Failure 2021 AR250

MikeT29

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Over the past few weeks when I start up the boat I'm getting the "Stereo Remote Communication Failure!" message. I can hit OK and it stops beeping but each time I start up it comes back. Not sure where to begin here. Stereo is stock, I boat primarily in salt water now and the remote had been working intermittently in recent past.

Any suggestions?
Thank you

Is there only an error related to the stereo? Sometimes when my house battery is weak, I get stereo and other errors until the battery charges a bit. I turn everything off and back on and all is good.

In my case the batteries are getting old and will need to be replaced soon. That's probably a contributing factor.

@MikeT29 Does the stereo remote actually work after that? Or is there never any power to it? Is this the Infinity radio?

If you open the hatch door next to the helm, you'll be able to see the wires from behind the stereo. One of those wires will have a harness to connect to the swimdeck remote. I would try unplugging and reseating the connector.

If you go to the 5:36 min mark of my installation video here you'll see the harness, yours is likely similar or the same.

Hopefully you'll be lucky and that's a 1 minute fix that fixes your problem. If it doesn't, the next thing I would try is removing the bezel on the swim deck radio, unscrewing it, pulling it out and seeing if there is another connector on that side.

If all else fails and your swimdeck remote is shot... and you have the Infinity deck, you could always upgrade/buy the Infiniti MC-40 swimdeck radio, and my install video will show you exactly how to install that. ; )

And for your particular boat model, you might find this thread helpful from a 2022 AR250. It looks like MAYBE your swimdeck radio is just held on by adhesive, and there doesn't seem to be a connector at the swimdeck point anyway, just wires. AR250 remote removal

Thanks gentlemen! I don't think its a battery issue, as both are new this season. I just haven't been at the boat since I posted, and not sure if I will get there this weekend either. I will check those connections out and reply again.

Thank you

Back