• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo Upgrade 255XD

Wittyy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've taken some time to search up old threads on audio upgrades for 255XD. I haven't seen anyone post up actually what they did and if they were happy with it.
My 2021 2555XD has a "pretty good" wet sounds system but I'd like it to be better. I would like to add a subwoofer and maybe two more tower speakers.
Who has done it? Where on the boat did you put the sub? I don't see an easy way to add tower speakers....wish Yamaha made space for this. Did you link into the existing Wetsounds Amp? Appreciate any feedback on what others have done and how it worked out.

You would want to add a dedicated amp for the towers. Even then I would probably get a new amp for everything, the factory amp is held back quite a bit.

Install is restive straight forward, the factory amp has the inputs/outputs labeled so just need to match it.

i already have issues in summer the amps going into heat protection being anchored up hanging out. Id suggest not adding anything else to the existing amps

We will be getting our 255xd in a week (weather). Then the fun with the audio will begin. If you add a sub I would get a amp big enough to run both subs. On our '18 242x we added a 2nd WS 10" and ran both off of a 1200w amp. We also replaced the HTX6 with a SYN-4 to run the 8 WS REVO 6.5". I plan to due something similar. It is going to a pain in the but to work on due to the hard ballast tanks.

We will be getting our 255xd in a week (weather). Then the fun with the audio will begin. If you add a sub I would get a amp big enough to run both subs. On our '18 242x we added a 2nd WS 10" and ran both off of a 1200w amp. We also replaced the HTX6 with a SYN-4 to run the 8 WS REVO 6.5". I plan to due something similar. It is going to a pain in the but to work on due to the hard ballast tanks.
i will look forward to your progress. I have some ideas now what im thinking of doing. I really only need some additional bass on the back of the boat. Im thinking about putting 2 8" wet sounds free air mounted in the clean out port /storage hatch. They are only 4" deep installed, i measured, i should be able to swing it. Not committed yet on it.

the ei had to route 2 speakers on on side of the tower the other 2 on the other side. the easiest for you will be to get a dedicated amp a 2 chn like the syn dx2 wire the speakers in parallel to 2 ohm. its what i did on my 252se, i ditch the factory amp

Attachments

• polarisrzrxp1000turboturbos4doors(fullkit)20192-500x500.png
    polarisrzrxp1000turboturbos4doors(fullkit)20192-500x500.png
    442.4 KB · Views: 48
i will look forward to your progress. I have some ideas now what I'm thinking of doing. I really only need some additional bass on the back of the boat
I like that idea a lot. I was going to add 2 WS 8" to the two storage compartments on the 242x. I was bummed to see the lack of storage on the 255x.

I like that idea a lot. I was going to add 2 WS 8" to the two storage compartments on the 242x. I was bummed to see the lack of storage on the 255x.
1647129965053.png

This is what I came up with. This is size hole I'd need for the fa8ws

I just don’t see that being a good idea from any perspective. It will see a ton of water and be muffled. You could do two 6.5 subwoofers where the 6.5 speakers are. The towers should handle volume no problem.

I know this thread is about audio, but how/where did you wire your chartplotter/fish finder in? That's exactly where I plan to mount mine on my AR250.

I installed a fuse block connected to the battery kill switches so that when i turned off the batteries everything in the boat is off, the negatived to the negative bar gang that comes installed in the boat.
156551983_759805064671460_1383247119035872279_n.jpg157177258_233086381882868_8606803188114995483_n.jpg

I didn’t like this at first buts it’s growing on me. Partner that with an aftermarket stereo and a NMEA2000 connection.
The nav on these boats is useless. I still can’t believe I can’t enter coordinates.

I didn’t like this at first buts it’s growing on me. Partner that with an aftermarket stereo and a NMEA2000 connection.
The nav on these boats is useless. I still can’t believe I can’t enter coordinates.

Already bypassed the audio in the Connex

20210920_150429.jpg20210920_150915.jpg20210920_173108.jpg

I agree! Not being able to enter coordinates is a big miss. I wonder if they will ever have an update to the NAV software.

Back