• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stero receiver for 242 LS, 2012

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i am looking for a replacement stero for my boat. Stock stero been replaced 3 times and still not working.

What is a decent stero with Bluetooth for iPod? Not too expensive and would like something that is easy to install with existing wires if possible.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am lurking for the answer here, too.

Meanwhile, you might want to try unplugging the remote on the swim platform. That made all the difference with my head unit. Suddenly it started working correctly...

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have never heard anything but accolades for the fusions. Google Fusion UD650 and you will see my pick.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just noticed you are in Fairfax Station.... I'll even install it for ya!

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Take a peek at the new Fusion head units. They seem to have many of the features you are looking for and have a great warranty that goes along with it. If you have any questions or need additional help please feel free to email me anytime.

Mike

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Send me a PM with your needs and I'll get you some options. Clarion, Rockford, JL Audio, Wet Sounds, Fusion, Kenwood, Sony, etc I'm your authorized dealer source for whatever you need and I'll help you any way I can. Ask around and I'm sure other Jetboaters forum members can tell you that I'll take care of you whatever your audio needs are.

Odin

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Please take a moment to look at our website. We have 14,500 items listed and our inventory is live. In addition we also offer free shipping on all items no matter how big or how small the item is. So if you need a set RCA cables and the cost is only 8.99 it is free shipping. If you need a Large cooler for some reason and it is oversized it is free shipping.

If anyone is attending the Bimini gathering and needs anything at all let me know. We are basically 20 minutes from the Mahia Mar and can drop off anything you may need.

We offer unlimited lifetime technical support on all of our products. If you are doing the install and need help on a Saturday or Sunday we are there for you. We have an in house Laser and an in house CNC. So if you ever need adaptor plates, speaker rings, LED rings, of carbon fiber dash panels please let us know. We stock many, many colors of carbon fiber material and cut dashes and switch panels for many OEM boat builders.

Lastly, in addition to our no nonsense price match policy we also have put in place the very best rewards program in the marine industry. You get back 4 percent of every purchased that can be used for future buys. You are automatically signed up when you make your first purchase and your points will show up in your account after 14 days.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forwards to seeing everyone at the Captains meeting.

Mike

Last edited:

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone know how many channels Aquatic AV receiver has?

Is wiring fairly simple? Wiring colors pretty much the same as other manufacturer?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wiring is very simple. I just did this last night. Remove the old stereo, cut the speaker/power harness about 1.5" from the plug end. All the wires are the same colors as the Fusion wires and everything was compatible. I slid about 1" of heat shrink tubing on the Fusion wires, soldered each wire, then slid the heat shrink down and hit them all with a heat gun. Doesn't get much easier. Unplug, cut, solder, heat, plug back in, drill 4 screw holes and play!

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wiring is very simple. I just did this last night. Remove the old stereo, cut the speaker/power harness about 1.5" from the plug end. All the wires are the same colors as the Fusion wires and everything was compatible. I slid about 1" of heat shrink tubing on the Fusion wires, soldered each wire, then slid the heat shrink down and hit them all with a heat gun. Doesn't get much easier. Unplug, cut, solder, heat, plug back in, drill 4 screw holes and play!
Which Fusion model did you get?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed the UD650, and am in the process of doing all Polk MM series 6.5" speakers. Also doing a JBL MPS1000 as soon as I figure out where to install it.