• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sticker started peeling off my 242X. Need opinions on how this looks

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys as stated in the title my stickers started coming off the side of my 242X over the last month specifically the 242 on both sides. Really bad like almost falling off. I removed the 242 on each side and just left the white X. Would like some opinions on if it still looks good with just the white X or if I should remove that also. I feel like the X signifies the surf boat so it is still cool even with just the X on it. Of course 242 stickers are on back order for who knows how long from what Yamaha is saying. If I leave just the X there is still some sticker go kind of showing the old 242 still there. If I remove that it may be hard to line back up the new stuff again when it does come back in stock. It’s hard to see the old sticker stuff unless your right on top of the boat. Let me know some thoughts. Thanks!

Attachments

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I like it! Maybe even better than with the 242. Looks cool.

Chris Kasz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I removed all decals and the 242x because it was peeling. Boat looks much better in my opinion.