• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stock Shorelandr grease

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've heard to not mix grease types. I'm looking to top up my stock year-old 2019 galvanized double axle Shorelandr trailer bearing and don't want to put in the wrong grease. Any ideas on what they use stock from the factory? (Yes, I realize I can call the company, but it's Sunday and I have time today to do this project).

TIA!

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you! Never actually crossed my mind that ShoreLandr would have a website with useful information...stupid me.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used the Lucas got it from Wallyworld then took it to Fl no problem. Re lubed and took it back no problem, works great.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I recently swapped my Shoreland’r fake bearing protectors for real Bearing Buddies, and it appeared the grease inside was standard wheel bearing grease. I replaced with some Mobil 1 synthetic.

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used the X-tra heavy from Walmart been down to Fl and back to NY 2 times plus other trips.
just a few pumps the cover with the grease fitting moves out, once it does don’t put more in you can blow out the seal. Take a close look at it you will see how far it can move out,

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I could not find locally the shorelander grease (Petro Canada Peerless OG2) which is a Calcium Sulphonate based grease.

Since very few other bases are compatible with this base type (lithium is not), I found another label which makes a comparable product with the same base: Lubrimatic 11402 Marine Corrosion Control. This avoided having to remove the bearings, clean them and repack with a new grease.

Note that some of the common trailer grease brands advise not to use their products with disc brakes. Not sure why.

Last edited:

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just bought a 14oz tube of Lucas Marine (SKU 260-1310) from Boatoutfitters.com for about $16 delivered. Expensive shipping but they had it in stock and delivered it in a week.

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'd get the 2nd one, as it uses the same base as oem.

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went 4 different auto parts stores today and had a hell of time finding any marine grease. I ended up getting this (although mine is branded on the package as STP rather than Coastal) at Autozone.

All it says it that it's an anhydrous calcium grease so looking at the grease compatibility charts, I still can't tell if this is compatible with the Calcium Sulfonate grease used by Shorland'r. Does anybody with a better chemical background have any idea? If this won't work, I'll have to return it to Autozone and order some Lucas Marine online I guess. It's crazy, all the stores here have the other Lucas Oil greases, just not the Marine! The only other Marine grease I could find was Green Grease which is Lithium Complex. Any info is appreciated.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought a 14oz tube of Lucas Marine (SKU 260-1310) from Boatoutfitters.com for about $16 delivered. Expensive shipping but they had it in stock and delivered it in a week.
Glad my wallyworld store keeps in stock near me