• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelandr Trailer Brake Hose/Connection Compatibility

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone changed their brakes over to Kodiak disc brakes? I started the project this weekend and went to hook up the brake lines and sure enough, not the same connection type.

Kodiak hoses use 3/16" Male inverted flare fittings with a swivel that use 3/8-24 thread but Shorelandr has different connections. Anyone know how to make our existing hoses (pictures) adapt to the Kodiak caliper. Essentially a tee that accepts our stock hoses and can adapt to Kodiak.

Also tossed some new and old pictures of the assembly for kicks.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I do not have any info for you other than to say find a good brake shop and they should be able to set you up with the parts you need. You may have to take your hoses / lines to them and have them either change the fittings or make all new hoses if an adapter is not available.

Any reason you didn’t just replace the KIA brake components that shorlandr uses?

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do not have any info for you other than to say find a good brake shop and they should be able to set you up with the parts you need. You may have to take your hoses / lines to them and have them either change the fittings or make all new hoses if an adapter is not available.

Any reason you didn’t just replace the KIA brake components that shorlandr uses?
Thanks, mainly because I wanted more salt protection.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You put discs on both axles? Nice...

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ended up just needing to get a new tee ($7) and cleaned the threads on the old lines and everything fit as it should. I didn't want to force it because brass is softer but I committed to screwing the old lines on and it worked. Traveled 800 miles with no issues and the Kodiak worked GREAT.