• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stoltz Bow Roller Size

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is that the stock thru hull anchor locker drain for the 2019's or an aftermarket/retrofit? I like the hooded design as my 2016 is just a thru hole.
Thanks
I got the idea through this forum, aka: these great pioneers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JBGJY6A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Requires a slghtly larger drill bit, but nothing extreme, was quick and simple. Either an 11/16” or 3/4” drill bit to slightly widen the hole.... and some marine silicone of course.

Last edited:

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the web referral. Seems like a great product. Can’t wait to get it on the trailer. 15AEECD5-9380-4DC2-A7C0-584E475D565C.jpeg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There must be some type of difference in the black painted trailer to the galvanized . I replaced with the Stoltz 3.5 and large bells same as the pictured one above . The center roller almost makes no contact and the bells are taking a lot of pressure it lands right on the step in the hull . The galvanized trailer has adjustments to pitch the roller but the alignment does not work great with the the bow eye point. Has anyone else noticed this it looks like the wider center roller works better with the galvanized trailer for the newer model 24 foot boats .

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There must be some type of difference in the black painted trailer to the galvanized . I replaced with the Stoltz 3.5 and large bells same as the pictured one above . The center roller almost makes no contact and the bells are taking a lot of pressure it lands right on the step in the hull . The galvanized trailer has adjustments to pitch the roller but the alignment does not work great with the the bow eye point. Has anyone else noticed this it looks like the wider center roller works better with the galvanized trailer for the newer model 24 foot boats .
Did you see the pics of mine (post #16 of this thread)? I originally got the one above that Ismael got, buy like you said the curves didn’t fit/match and the outer edge of the bells are putting pressure on the hull. So I went with the wider more obtuse angled one, much happier with that one.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you see the pics of mine (post #16 of this thread)? I originally got the one above that Ismael got, buy like you said the curves didn’t fit/match and the outer edge of the bells are putting pressure on the hull. So I went with the wider more obtuse angled one, much happier with that one.

What model # bells and roller did you use ? that does look like nice fit originally I was going to go that direction but sometimes I power load on a shallow ramp and was concerened that if the roller and bells were hit hard it may give to the point that the metal wood contact the gel coat. After recieving them they were harder than I thought and does not look like that could happen. .

Deven Hallen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got the new stoltz roller and dropped in the lake yesterday. The center section was quite a bit smaller then the factory roller. Maybe 3/4”. A 4” would be a much better option unless you’re tightening the mounting plates a ton!

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What model # bells and roller did you use ? that does look like nice fit originally I was going to go that direction but sometimes I power load on a shallow ramp and was concerened that if the roller and bells were hit hard it may give to the point that the metal wood contact the gel coat. After recieving them they were harder than I thought and does not look like that could happen. .

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 3.5" is the easiest fit for the trailer but, it does leave a bit of a gap on the center roller on the 24' boats. I've been using it for 2 seasons with no issue, but the thicker center roller would better fit the application better. I do like the large bells on the 3.5 though. Regardless, it's still miles above the stock POS.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My hull doesn’t touch the center roller it’s all on the outer large bells with the 3.5”.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually with the 3.5” it looks like the hull lightly touches the inner piece with most of the weight on the large outer bells. 077A433F-6B0B-494B-B5CA-77700B57E429.jpeg476EFC5B-C1DE-46C4-A336-23B47F21E113.jpeg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just installed mine.

it fits very nice on the AR195 not so nice on the 242 hull I think the bow eye is in a bad location 2'' lower and it would work better

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Attachments

Last edited:

NickF