• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Strake Scratches

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
How did the rest of the trip go?

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Weather has been an issue. It's been pouring on and off. Today was beautiful, tomorrow should be the same. But then Thursday looks iffy again. Friday, we have to head home.
Practiced with my new cast net tonight and bagged a few Mullet off of our dock. I'll check the winds in the morning a may head out to the gulf and try to drown them in search of something bigger on one of the closer reefs. If its too rough, I may drift them near the Destin bridge in search of a big bull red.
Overall though, I'm really happy with the new boat. I know it's not a big water boat but I certainly felt comfortable in some fairly decent surf at the inlet today. Last evening after the last storms went through, we all went out for a little sunset cruise. 5 people was a very comfortable load. That's something I couldn't say in my last boat.

Last edited: