• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stronger Bluetooth receiver needed for AR250

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I searched for this info on the forum but couldn’t find anything, so I’m hoping you can help. I have a 2021 AR 250 and the Bluetooth receiver on the boat somewhat sucks. When I have my phone connected to the boat by Bluetooth I have to keep it close to the console (a foot or so) otherwise it cuts out badly. I’m curious if the are any options to help solve this. I’d like to be able to let the wife control the music from her seat upfront if possible. I do have someone replacing all my speakers with JL’s and adding a sub and amps but he wasn’t aware of anything I could use to boost the signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Have not had any problems with my 252. I get a good 30 feet before signal cuts out.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I searched for this info on the forum but couldn’t find anything, so I’m hoping you can help. I have a 2021 AR 250 and the Bluetooth receiver on the boat somewhat sucks. When I have my phone connected to the boat by Bluetooth I have to keep it close to the console (a foot or so) otherwise it cuts out badly. I’m curious if the are any options to help solve this. I’d like to be able to let the wife control the music from her seat upfront if possible. I do have someone replacing all my speakers with JL’s and adding a sub and amps but he wasn’t aware of anything I could use to boost the signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.
I plan on buying an old apple device that is capable of having apple music and having a suction cup mount or cup holder mount to hold it up by the console. That way it can have no passcode and anyone can queue a song!

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Skyhawk223 Ive been hearing the same thing around the dock, so I’ll have the dealer take a look at it. Hopefully something is not hooked up right

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Skyhawk223 Ive been hearing the same thing around the dock, so I’ll have the dealer take a look at it. Hopefully something is not hooked up right
Yeah something doesn't sound right...BT on small devices like phones and stereos is usually good for 20-40ft depending on what's in the way of the antenna and signal strength. The antenna is usually a trace on the PCB of radios and may have been damaged during assembly, requiring a replacement.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Jensen Head units units have really bad Bluetooth range. Im only good for a few feet before my will start getting choppy.

ccbnola

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d be curious to hear what the dealer says. I have the same issue.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’d be curious to hear what the dealer says. I have the same issue.
Again this is not typical. Unless a unit has a defect or poor design, you should be able to get 20-30' from the receiver.
As mentioned, I'd be complaining to the dealer.

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got this solved. Took the boat in for the 100 hour service and there was a service bulletin for the Bluetooth. Quick update to the Connex system and the Bluetooth now has a roughly 50’ range.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Finally got this solved. Took the boat in for the 100 hour service and there was a service bulletin for the Bluetooth. Quick update to the Connex system and the Bluetooth now has a roughly 50’ range.
This is good info for those with issues - software update!

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My house has a separate Bluetooth extender I bought and I can control it from over 100 feet away. I wonder if they make anything like that for 12v instead of 120

anjboyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone else had this Connext Software Update? My dealer has no information on this.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Has anyone else had this Connext Software Update? My dealer has no information on this.
My boat is finally at the dealer. We will see what they say. He said he didn't see anything for this update, but that was just the guy checking in the boat. Hopefully I get it back before memorial day.

anjboyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat is finally at the dealer. We will see what they say. He said he didn't see anything for this update, but that was just the guy checking in the boat. Hopefully I get it back before memorial day.
Keep us posted. I was told the same thing. Wish we had a Service Bulletin number to reference.

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked in my paperwork and couldn’t find the service bulletin number. I have a call into the dealer here to
see if they could track it down.