• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Structural damage? 2018 242 limited e serie

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to know what is happening here, is the door shrinking or the boat is getting wider? Somebody knows how to call this kind of damage?20220820_111405.jpgScreenshot_20220822-093450_Gallery.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Was it normal in the past? This just looks like Yamaha quality boat.

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Probably just the panel shrunk. I don't see any chance of structural damage.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check the seams on the left and right side around the storage compartments and ski locker. If the boat has moved you should see cracks in the gel coat.

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Check the seams on the left and right side around the storage compartments and ski locker. If the boat has moved you should see cracks in the gel coat.
Ok I will check thanks

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Something else, two years ago the dealership had to adjust the windshield this happened and I think helm and the storage side are getting separate.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
There would pretty obvious signs on separation in the boat. Look under front seats and rear seats. If need be, take off beauty panels in head.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree--there must be other evidence of what is happening here. I have never heard of a windshield being 'adjusted' because it fell through like that. And now the doors?

I would check the ski locker first & see if there is anything evident there, as it is right below where you are seeing the issue. Then I would start going forward and aft of there, checking joints, looking for cracks.

This is weird.

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I agree--there must be other evidence of what is happening here. I have never heard of a windshield being 'adjusted' because it fell through like that. And now the doors?

I would check the ski locker first & see if there is anything evident there, as it is right below where you are seeing the issue. Then I would start going forward and aft of there, checking joints, looking for cracks.

This is weird.
Yep definitely this boat is weird cuz I been experiencing odd things that nobody has ever seen.

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I was hoping there is room to make adjustment in the other side, looks like it never moved and install is flush.
Oh no it seat flush in the right side and no way to adjust, looks like the storage side was the side that moved.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You now have photo evidence which you can compare from time to time to make observations.

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
An update on this thread, dropped the boat at the dealership in Sept 2022, Dec 2022 people from yamaha factory found cracks on some glues inside the boat so the boat went to yamaha factory for repair around end of January and beginning of February 2023, so March 2023 factory brought the boat back to the dealership and this is the condition of the boat that #Yamaha factory left it after fixing some structural damage.

Attachments

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You left it at the dealer to get detailed and final tweaks ?

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
You left it at the dealer to get detailed and final tweaks ?
Still there are many things that they need to fix on it.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Help me understand. You entrusted your boat to Yamaha and thats the way they returned it? Can I assume that it was clean when you gave it to them?