• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Sub & Amp installation checklist and questions

@Kevin107 , just make sure to use a birch plywood ring behind the woofer, with your mounting screws into the birch and the fiberglass holes oversized so the wall is sandwiched and the screws don't pull at it during the drivers transitions.

@Kevin107 , just make sure to use a birch plywood ring behind the woofer, with your mounting screws into the birch and the fiberglass holes oversized so the wall is sandwiched and the screws don't pull at it during the drivers transitions.

Thanks for the tip Mel

And you will probably have to get at least 1/4" longer stainless screws to mount it.

Following up with the sub install.
I made up my mind on the port side by the table mount. Perfect fit and sounds great!
IMG_0603.JPG IMG_0604.JPG IMG_0605.JPG IMG_0607.JPG IMG_0608.JPG

looks good!

And another fiberglass hole puncher is born! Mounting something is one thing, cutting a hole for a subwoofer is intimidating...until you have drilled a few holes and adapted a few speakers. The sub looks good installed. Bet it sounds even better! Make sure it is well supported and not being supported by the fiberglass wall. Pretty fancy hole drilling rig you had there!

And another fiberglass hole puncher is born! Mounting something is one thing, cutting a hole for a subwoofer is intimidating...until you have drilled a few holes and adapted a few speakers. The sub looks good installed. Bet it sounds even better! Make sure it is well supported and not being supported by the fiberglass wall. Pretty fancy hole drilling rig you had there!

You are right, cutting that hole is very intimidating. Took me a few days of measuring and re-measuring to finally pull the trigger.
Speaker ring being made and will be added next week. I made one last week, but didn't turn out too pretty. As for the rig, I really like it since it's small enough to cut around small spaces. You are welcome to use if you ever need to cut your a hole for you sub. :)

Thanks! I have a rotozip, a dremel, a standard router, a jigsaw...but not trim router. I would LOVE to have a trim router! I cut my sub hole in the 230 using my jigsaw, and I cut to a line short of final size. I then used my dewalt drill to power a large 2.5" sanding drum and sanded back to the outer line. I then mounted my birch ring inside the hole and made sure everything fit. I beveled the edge of the hole cut with the sanding drum and I beveled all the screw holes so they wouldn't crack or spider. And without the ring, they will. That heavy magnet moving rapidly back and forth will crack the wall if it isn't supported, so resist the temptation to play it much until you get the birch ring on there. I coated my ring with epoxy and then painted it white. I think that was all overkill. I don't think it is really necessary to do all of that, but it will certainly resist rotting better. Just a good marine varnish or even a good latex paint would probably suffice. I may take you up on the loan! You guys will have to drop anchor up at Ray Roberts one day, we will meet you out there! I may be out this Saturday afternoon/evening.

Thanks! I have a rotozip, a dremel, a standard router, a jigsaw...but not trim router. I would LOVE to have a trim router! I cut my sub hole in the 230 using my jigsaw, and I cut to a line short of final size. I then used my dewalt drill to power a large 2.5" sanding drum and sanded back to the outer line. I then mounted my birch ring inside the hole and made sure everything fit. I beveled the edge of the hole cut with the sanding drum and I beveled all the screw holes so they wouldn't crack or spider. And without the ring, they will. That heavy magnet moving rapidly back and forth will crack the wall if it isn't supported, so resist the temptation to play it much until you get the birch ring on there. I coated my ring with epoxy and then painted it white. I think that was all overkill. I don't think it is really necessary to do all of that, but it will certainly resist rotting better. Just a good marine varnish or even a good latex paint would probably suffice. I may take you up on the loan! You guys will have to drop anchor up at Ray Roberts one day, we will meet you out there! I may be out this Saturday afternoon/evening.

I would def. try to go up to Ray Robert at least once this season. Wife and I are making plans for Texoma in the next few weeks. Maybe camp out overnight. But this week, I'll be out of town.

Back