• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sucked in Plastic

Bknobelauch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi, I sucked in a large amount of plastic today. Its not in the intake but when I open the pressure valve in the back it's jammed in there and wrapped around. I can't get it out by hand. Any ideas on how to get it out?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
"pressure valve" = cleanout ports? I would get it out of the water, grab a utility knife and start cutting. You may have to pull the pumps if you can't get it all.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What kind of boat do you have? If you can't reach by hand at all the next easiest things Is to pull the pump

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not exactly sure were your talking about but if you take the spark plugs out some times you can pull on end of jam and unspin it. I've heard it works for rope anyway

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
sometimes you can remove the intake grate and get to the driveshaft to cut out the plastic, I built a long knife for removing things from the drive shaft.

Attachments