• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Summer Trip 2023 Florida

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I work about 500yds from Tampa Bay in Gibsonton and yes, no wind = “moist” outside…

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kids have been fishing all day, after seeing some nice pods of dolphins. We just stayed in the bay. Did some cruising. Heading in about an hour or so. Fsh 195 is a nice boat. Nice size bimini.
Caught 6 fish so far small but everyone is having a great time.

So what Type of fish is this weird head.

IMG_20230626_143711.jpg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fantastic day. Thanks to @adrianp89 We took his FSH out for the day. Caught 12 fish and explored the bay/ICW. Family had a great time.

Last edited:

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Kids have been fishing all day, after seeing some nice pods of dolphins. We just stayed in the bay. Did some cruising. Heading in about an hour or so. Fsh 195 is a nice boat. Nice size bimini.

View attachment 202901
That there is a ramora. That sneaker looking part sucks into the bottom of sharks and other big fish so they can hitchhike while waiting for scraps. Cool fish.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

View attachment 202901
Sorry but you just missed the shark :)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We caught a shark about 18 inches long. The kids got a big kick out of it. made their day.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

View attachment 202901
Just a note. Don't stick those on to a buddy's back. They kind of tooth-in and draw blood ( a little) and you'll be buying the beer all night. But......still funny; every time.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I just got out of the ocean. Been in the ocean every day swimming usually up to the 2nd Sandbar. Had two Manatee swim close, one came between where we were standing about 1 foot from me. Although I was to the ocean last year, never swam in it so much. Very cool and warm. When the first Manitee came toward us all I saw was a dark shape coming at me. Definitely gave me the crew a good startle. Till someone yelled to us it was a Manatee.

Water was almost calm most of the day today. Would of been great to have our boat here. Next Time.......

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So I just got out of the ocean. Been in the ocean every day swimming usually up to the 2nd Sandbar. Had two Manatee swim close, one came between where we were standing about 1 foot from me. Although I was to the ocean last year, never swam in it so much. Very cool and warm. When the first Manitee came toward us all I saw was a dark shape coming at me. Definitely gave me the crew a good startle. Till someone yelled to us it was a Manatee.

Water was almost calm most of the day today. Would of been great to have our boat here. Next Time.......
I remember the first time I saw a manatee in the ocean. I don't think I have ever moved that fast in my life. Same thing, big black shadow in the water.

FYI - John's Pass Village is doing a free seafood boil tonight.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bummer wish we would of known sooner we just sat down at the palm Pavillion on the deck for dinner and drinks in clearwater

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length