• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Summer Trip 2023 Florida

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
IMHO: Seminole boat ramp is a nightmare even getting there early most days. I live about 45-60 minutes away and have driven there just to drive to my normal very easy to use ramp (Bay Pines). Its a little further South but the stress level is non existent and its right around the corner from Publix which has a dock you can tie up to and go in to get your necessities. You can put in there with no stress and then hang out at Johns Pass sand bar for a while, then just putt up the coast to wherever you stay. Some days the gulf is even nice enough to go up that side, if not you have the intercostal all the way up.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
IMHO: Seminole boat ramp is a nightmare even getting there early most days. I live about 45-60 minutes away and have driven there just to drive to my normal very easy to use ramp (Bay Pines). Its a little further South but the stress level is non existent and its right around the corner from Publix which has a dock you can tie up to and go in to get your necessities. You can put in there with no stress and then hang out at Johns Pass sand bar for a while, then just putt up the coast to wherever you stay. Some days the gulf is even nice enough to go up that side, if not you have the intercostal all the way up.
Where you there the other day? I don't see 21' FSH very often and happened to see one recently. I am at that ramp several times a week.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where you there the other day? I don't see 21' FSH very often and happened to see one recently. I am at that ramp several times a week.
I putt around Tampa Bay when I'm not there... Recently I have not been over there due to the boat constantly being in the shop... I got it back the 14th of December, took it to the boat parade on the 17th where I had yet another issue so it has been in the shop ever since. However my wife is in nursing school so since August I was mostly going out on Sundays. During the Summer I go out on Saturdays plus a day or so here and there during the week.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
8 hours on a boat for 8 days straight in FL summer would require another two weeks of recovery lol.
When my kids were still in school we would camp on shell key or sister key for 2 weeks straight we loved it . Never had to recover either my kids are in their 40's now just had my daughter son in law and some teenage grand children here visiting and they lucked out as we did have a nice day to go out on the water.

A post from my daughter
Spent the last day in Florida at my happy place! Thank you Dad for taking us out!

1672883432143.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welp, we made it down to Indian Shores just south of Clearwater Beach, yesterday. Didn't bring the boat, I now wish I had after seeing the ICW and the Ocean is much calmer than our last trip to Destin last year. Have a relative, whom is a solid boater, staying at the house and wants to take the boat out fishing this week, so as long as I can get over that anxiety it will be a good week.

Hoping to find a way to get out on the water, boat rentals seem pricey and JetSki's are pricey and also booked up for the week.

1687697983668.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welp, we made it down to Indian Shores just south of Clearwater Beach, yesterday. Didn't bring the boat, I now wish I had after seeing the ICW and the Ocean is much calmer than our last trip to Destin last year. Have a relative, whom is a solid boater, staying at the house and wants to take the boat out fishing this week, so as long as I can get over that anxiety it will be a good week.

Hoping to find a way to get out on the water, boat rentals seem pricey and JetSki's are pricey and also booked up for the week.

View attachment 202716
Hope you make it out fishing! Not to be flippant with your money, if you can find a boat to rent do so, you won’t regret spending the money.

Have a great trip !

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors if you want to take out the FSH on Monday or Thursday I will give you a good price.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors if you want to take out the FSH for a few hours on Monday or Thursday I will give you a good price.
Got 8 people, not sure they would fit in the 19'. IM me though and let me know what you are thinking? I forgot you were in the area.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Maybe look into a private charter as well. Most are well run and more likely to get on fish, with much less work. Spendy as well, but split among other parties maybe doable. We’ve always had good results.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
only my self a couple of the boys would be interested in fishing. The women are about cruising and sightseeing on the water........ Just looking for things to do.

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length

View attachment 202716
We were in Ft.Walton last week. Condo with a slip IC side. It was absolutely what we wanted for our boat trip . Blue Angels practice , snorkeled and fished with my own boat & gear. Crab island a few times. I found the idea for that trip on here last year.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were in Ft.Walton last week. Condo with a slip IC side. It was absolutely what we wanted for our boat trip . Blue Angels practice , snorkeled and fished with my own boat & gear. Crab island a few times. I found the idea for that trip on here last year.
We loved Crab Island last year with our own boat. Fortunately or Unfortunately we are explorers and like to go to different places each family trip. Hope to be back there someday. I think our next trip will be further south toward the keys or to the islands. Some talk about a Carribean Cruise maybe.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Was out at Egmont Key this morning.
IMG_3459.jpegIMG_3460.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are going to be renting Adrian's FSH tomorrow during the day to head out do a bit of fishing and some swimming. After checking out the area, I probably should of brought the boat down. Live and let learn.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We are going to be renting Adrian's FSH tomorrow during the day to head out do a bit of fishing and some swimming. After checking out the area, I probably should of brought the boat down. Live and let learn.
Right on! That should be a great day on the water! Live and learn yes, but the successful pivot in the face of adversity to make the best of it. I’m sure Adrian will set you up nicely and point you in the direction of good fishing! I hope you get into a big ass king that will wear your ass out! Please post pics and such! Looks like maybe the girls will be heading out on a fsh after all!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Right on! That should be a great day on the water! Live and learn yes, but the successful pivot in the face of adversity to make the best of it. I’m sure Adrian will set you up nicely and point you in the direction of good fishing! I hope you get into a big ass king that will wear your ass out! Please post pics and such! Looks like maybe the girls will be heading out on a fsh after all!
I don't know much about fishing, but I sent him to the bait shop that does lol. They are out now and have some great boating weather. Winds are under 5mph for most of the day. (Which also makes for a brutally hot day).

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't know much about fishing, but I sent him to the bait shop that does lol. They are out now and have some great boating weather. Winds are under 5mph for most of the day. (Which also makes for a brutally hot day).
How are the sea’s today?

Good job on sending them to the bait shop for info! I really hope he gets into a muscle burning King!

I hope they burn a tank of fuel and have a great day!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How are the sea’s today?

Good job on sending them to the bait shop for info! I really hope he gets into a muscle burning King!

I hope they burn a tank of fuel and have a great day!
I typically only check wind data. My watch is still showing 4mph west wind - should be 1ft. at worst; a 4mph east wind will make the gulf look like glass.

Good day to make a ride to Mexico lol

1687800180163.png