• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Superchargers serviced

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How important and when do i have superchargers serviced?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
200h is what is recommended on these engines. Important? Fairly. Obviously you can push it..... until you can't. lol If it fails, you'll be stuck on the water. So I would aim to have it done around 200h as recommended.

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
200h is what is recommended on these engines. Important? Fairly. Obviously you can push it..... until you can't. lol If it fails, you'll be stuck on the water. So I would aim to have it done around 200h as recommended.
ok yah thats what i figured. im at 180 hrs so i have to go drop it off 6 hrs a way for oil change etc etc. i am upgraded my battery too for the power of components. i draain the crap outta it with music and what not. any suggestions on a good marine trickle charger. i want a good one. i dont skimp when it comes to buying good products

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
im in so cal and run boat year round

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
6h drive is a long haul! I would strongly consider doing some of this maintenance yourself! Oil changes especially.... really not difficult to do. Much of the maintenance can be done pretty easily. I can understand a supercharger rebuild though. But oil, coolant, general inspection, etc. If you are interested in learning, feel free to PM me. I can walk you through each step.

As for battery, I use a very simply solar trickle charger. There are tons on Amazon for $20-30. BUT it sounds like this may not do it for you if you drain the battery a lot. Solar trickle chargers are slow to charge up and obviously require sun. So if you do two consecutive, heavy use days, that won't work for you. But frankly, most decent trickle chargers will do just fine on your batteries. Just make sure it's compatible with whatever type you use (lead acid, AGM, etc.).

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So my boat is 7 years old, but only has 130 hours. I just bought it in October and there is no record of a supercharger rebuild. Even though I am not at 200 hours, do I need to go ahead and rebuild? Recommendations for a shop where I can ship the supercharger?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I'm not a supercharger expert. The manual states 200h OR 2 years. At 7 years, sounds like it may be worth it. But honestly, you may be better off talking to someone that knows a thing or two about superchargers. But usually these types of things are based on likelihood of failure over time. It may run fine for many more hours, but the likelihood of failure is much higher after X hours.

As for recommendation, I know New Orleans Power Sports New & Used Motorsports Vehicles & Boats for Sale - NewOrleansPowerSports.com are extremely good based on countless feedback I've seen on the Facebook Scarab page maintained by them. The owner Leonard maintains that page but there are hundreds of people that vet his dealership and their work. Apparently his "parts guy" Paul is very good. I'd give them a call. They can probably advise you better if it's needed or not since they deal with TONS of Scarabs.

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So my boat is 7 years old, but only has 130 hours. I just bought it in October and there is no record of a supercharger rebuild. Even though I am not at 200 hours, do I need to go ahead and rebuild? Recommendations for a shop where I can ship the supercharger?
yes contact dealer. i was told of 2017 and prior. mine is 2017. i have 180 hrs but im gonna service them anyway as long as im doing other services. i dont like to take chances with biats. gotta pay to play.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I can second what @Luc Lafreniere said. 200 hours OR 2 years - which ever comes first. my understanding is this is a service better done BEFORE those recommendations, as a SC failure could throw parts into the engine block and cause an ass load of damage. I was unaware of the 2 year mark until recently.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Actually, the manual states 200 hours regardless of years. Note 2. (In my manual anyway)

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Actually, the manual states 200 hours regardless of years. Note 2. (In my manual anyway)
Might be different for scarabs, though the engine/SC are identical to the sea doos. Here’s the page from my manual, and for all sea doo SCIC boats post 2009. D7D4B650-2898-4C84-A218-5B2BC83DEB3F.jpeg