• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Surfing behind Yamaha 190 fsh sport?

Lisaryan6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We are wondering what water sports we can do with our new Yamaha 190 fsh sport without investing a ton of money. Any ideas? Would love to surf/ski

With the right board you can surf all day long, use an ocean board, 6 ft or so, here we are no ballast, I can ride also no rope no ballast and I’m 215lbs

With the right board you can surf all day long, use an ocean board, 6 ft or so, here we are no ballast, I can ride also no rope no ballast and I’m 215lbs
glad to have you both on board,

Disco - how about a video, I'd like to see that in action !

@Lisaryan6 - it's all about expectations, wake boarding isn't an issue,
surfing without a rope can be an issue, if you want the "feel" of surfing and have a smaller board and don't mind getting holding the rope it's not a problem, you can have fun all day long, If you're expecting a "surf" wave you're going to have to add a lot to the boat and still be in the middle of the road quality wise for a wave (unless you can mimic Disco's board )

I’m new, having trouble adding video, here is pic of my son, this was last week, first day we had boat, we had old MC 205, I have to say the Yamaha is way better

Attachments

• E55ABDAF-A36E-4262-AF29-8F1865024C67.png
    E55ABDAF-A36E-4262-AF29-8F1865024C67.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 48

Any chance you remember what kind of 6’ ocean board you had success with and around what speed?

Will be definitely trying a 7’ Rusty fun shape this summer.

It is a 6’8” fish board we picked up on sale at a Ron Jon’s

Attachments

• 60EB24A8-EE50-4E9E-A374-864C4C67DB95.jpeg
    60EB24A8-EE50-4E9E-A374-864C4C67DB95.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 3DFC3BD6-1C86-4D32-BB42-B22D02F9FC55.jpeg
    3DFC3BD6-1C86-4D32-BB42-B22D02F9FC55.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Back