• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SW Florida Jetboaters, Did you make it through

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm hoping I don't have to keep paying for my slip while they rebuild.... but I may have to depending on what they say. They still have not been able to send out an official communication.
Wow, I'd be curious as to what your slip lease or agreement says. Or is it a matter of holding your spot. Good luck to you.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am well. Glad we won't see a surge like this for another 50 years.....hopefully. Time to rebuild 1/5 of the Florida coastline.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
57DB3E69-8F72-471F-91A3-6F8A9FBB3561.jpeg9F1E4487-EFFC-4737-B15E-2419BB5A20AD.jpeg795A4E13-86F3-45C9-833E-6384402E4467.jpegD5B7092A-FFCF-421A-A73F-EF9EB922D549.jpeg
This is friends of ours house and neighborhood, there was 4’ of water inside at one point. You can the water line in one picture were the water settled before the pressure blew the garage and front doors open. They are only 2 miles from us and luckily we had very minimal damage.

Last edited:

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Wow, I'd be curious as to what your slip lease or agreement says. Or is it a matter of holding your spot. Good luck to you.
I got an official letter on Wednesday from my marina that went out to all slip holders. They said most boats sustained damage... many serious damage. The marina was heavily damaged and need to be rebuilt.

They said to contact your insurance company and make arrangement to have your boat removed. If it is not removed and causing further damage to the marina or environment, the marina will remove it at the owners expense.

Once all the boats are removed they will assess the damage and determine next steps to rebuild. The October slip payments are not being accepted. Members in good standing will still have a slip. I hope that includes me since my first payment was due now.

I got a call from the company that I contracted with to install my lift on Tuesday before the letter from the marina. They asked if I was still planning to keep my slip and install the lift. I told them that was my intent once the marina could reopen. They said they were at the marina and it did sustain heavy damage. Some sections may be salvageable but they won't know until the boats are removed. There are boats on top of boats, boats on top of pilings and boats on top of docks.

I sent an email to the marina telling them I still wanted my slip and still was having the lift installed once open. I haven't heard back. I'm hoping I will still get the slip but it is going to take months to remove boats and then months to rebuild. I'm hopefully maybe it could reopen in 6 months but I expect it will be closer to a year.

We also still don't have power..... they are saying maybe this weekend.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our first hurricane, we stayed. It was - uh - interesting? I was actually outside (in a protected area) for most of it. Very surreal. We kept checking the Tesla's cameras the first half of the storm, and saw my main entry door break free on one side and was blowing into the car. As soon as we were inside the eye, I ran to the shop real quick and backed the Tesla into the door to try to hold it in place. Watching the cameras again during the second half, we actually watched the wind MOVE the Tesla forward almost 3 feet. After which the door broke off at the top and starting beating the hell out of the car before blowing off entirely. Watched most of the walls blow off after that as well. Insurance totalled the Tesla, gave me 8K more than I paid new for it, and I still drove it to Orlando Monday to pick up another new one. (and now I'm buying it back from the insurance company - any interest in a 5K mile '22 M3P? lol). One building took ~200K in damage, another ~85K. < 6K between my house and my rental. Scout got some damage to the electronics, but nothing crazy. Jetskis were safe in the near destroyed shop, as well as several of my vintage cars. We're all alive and well though, and finally had internet restored today. If someone would've told me 4 years ago that it's going to cost me a couple hundred grand and a few weeks of hardship every 20 years to never have to shovel snow again - I'd still be right where I'm at today. Small price to pay in my opinion. This is a very resilient community that learned alot from Charley, and it shows. I'll be better prepared for the next one (namely whole house generator with 1000lb propane tank, business contents and loss of revenue insurance, etc...).

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our first hurricane, we stayed. It was - uh - interesting? I was actually outside (in a protected area) for most of it. Very surreal. We kept checking the Tesla's cameras the first half of the storm, and saw my main entry door break free on one side and was blowing into the car. As soon as we were inside the eye, I ran to the shop real quick and backed the Tesla into the door to try to hold it in place. Watching the cameras again during the second half, we actually watched the wind MOVE the Tesla forward almost 3 feet. After which the door broke off at the top and starting beating the hell out of the car before blowing off entirely. Watched most of the walls blow off after that as well. Insurance totalled the Tesla, gave me 8K more than I paid new for it, and I still drove it to Orlando Monday to pick up another new one. (and now I'm buying it back from the insurance company - any interest in a 5K mile '22 M3P? lol). One building took ~200K in damage, another ~85K. < 6K between my house and my rental. Scout got some damage to the electronics, but nothing crazy. Jetskis were safe in the near destroyed shop, as well as several of my vintage cars. We're all alive and well though, and finally had internet restored today. If someone would've told me 4 years ago that it's going to cost me a couple hundred grand and a few weeks of hardship every 20 years to never have to shovel snow again - I'd still be right where I'm at today. Small price to pay in my opinion. This is a very resilient community that learned alot from Charley, and it shows. I'll be better prepared for the next one (namely whole house generator with 1000lb propane tank, business contents and loss of revenue insurance, etc...).
Glad you checked in. I thought you may have moved to Paris, LOL. How is the Thing?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Both Things survived without a scratch! Crazy as the green one was very close to the Tesla that got totalled.

shop.jpg

darrickhatch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately the naples pier is gone. Took a video of it from my boat the Saturday after, link is Here.

this catamaran is completely blocking the north lane in Fort MYERS Beach, still there as of Saturday. CC13FC7A-67E3-485A-8CE0-029FB6A922AB.jpeg