• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SWELL Wake Shapers

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Is anyone using a SWELL Wake Shaper on here.....or a competitor product? Just picked up a wake surf board the other day. Will end up picking up a bag at some point but curious if anyone is running one of these and if it helps with or without the bag as well.

Given how they want it a few inches below the water on the aft side and these boats don't have a lot under I'm wondering if they will even work. They make a 'Slim' version which I think would be the only option to mount as low as possible on the SR210.

Any feedback would be great. I found a thread from '16 but a lot has changed with their product is 4 years.

It doesn't work on our boats, it's been posted about before

This question will continue to come up because there is a blog on Swell’s website that pops up if you google “wake surfing behind a jet boat” or something similar. They even have a video of it on a 212x.

Unfortunately they don’t really work. Swell understands that and don’t list jet boats in their fitment tool. They do sell the wake wedge though :)

I had a feeling that would be the response, especially since I did not see Yamaha's listed on their fitment page as stated above. I was not sure if that 'slim' model could fit somewhere the larger suction cup models could not allowing it to get lower and be more effective.

I tossed out my old 8'6" surfboard last year and have fun wakesurfing it, and had a great deal on a wakesurf board recently and picked it up. Just looking to play around a bit but not go 'full out'. I am not interested in spending 1k on a wedge at this moment. A couple hundred to improve the wake a bit, easy on and off, sure.

I guess my question is do they not work at all, meaning it is a total waste of money, or do they work, but not as good as they will on a true wakesurf boat?

Even a moderate improvement to the wave would be worth the $200, but if I will not even see that there is no point.

Buy a wedge or booster, it will be better use of your money,

I had a feeling that would be the response, especially since I did not see Yamaha's listed on their fitment page as stated above. I was not sure if that 'slim' model could fit somewhere the larger suction cup models could not allowing it to get lower and be more effective.

I tossed out my old 8'6" surfboard last year and have fun wakesurfing it, and had a great deal on a wakesurf board recently and picked it up. Just looking to play around a bit but not go 'full out'. I am not interested in spending 1k on a wedge at this moment. A couple hundred to improve the wake a bit, easy on and off, sure.

I guess my question is do they not work at all, meaning it is a total waste of money, or do they work, but not as good as they will on a true wakesurf boat?

Even a moderate improvement to the wave would be worth the $200, but if I will not even see that there is no point.
It adds drag to the side of the boat. This drag turns the boat and adds the need to counter steer and put the jet thrust into the surfing area of the wave.

Back