• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swell - Wake shaping

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That looks pretty close to one of the most popular homemade efforts over on the MasterCraft forum. Check it out @haknslash . That price is getting closer to make it not worth doing it yourself...but not there yet.
Yea it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this post :D. Looks similar to the ones on the MC forum link you gave me. I like the suction cup as that is the route I wanted to go if I pursue a wedge. I hate the idea of velcro! This video post has me hopeful I'll have good results on the ballast https://jetboaters.net/threads/hidden-ballast.5615/#post-99484

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Someone tell me this is worth it and that I need to buy it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
*crickets* Seriously there is only one way to find out if it works...... Test it for yourself.

I didn't have good luck with convergence maybe your chap will?

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
*crickets* Seriously there is only one way to find out if it works...... Test it for yourself.

I didn't have good luck with convergence maybe your chap will?
I think some of the 20' Chaps are single engines so no convergence. It may work for the single. We need testers!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have you tried delayed convergence on your boat yet @DBamaC ?

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It is worth it. You need to buy this.*

* The opinion in this endorcement is being made by a person that does not have any idea if it works. This is to only serve as a message to show your wife in an effort to convince her to agree to its purchase. Commenter is not responsible for any marital difficulties that might occur should you make this purchase only to find out it does not work.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
IF someone wants to come up to Missouri to test out delayed convergence I have the ronix 8.3 and a new set of pads to go on the side of the boat that I will donate. I even have room and board but you must buy the beer. :D * Pads have to be on the boat for 24 hours before touching water*

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Have you tried delayed convergence on your boat yet @DBamaC ?
Non-stated point taken. What I intended is, I think this type system has a better chance of working since the wake off the singles seems less turbulent and more defined than what I've seen from the twins. I haven't tried one of the devices yet, but have been watching the MC forum with interest. @haknslash and I talked about building a device while floating last Sunday.

I bow to your knowledge of this however.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is worth it. You need to buy this.*

* The opinion in this endorcement is being made by a person that does not have any idea if it works. This is to only serve as a message to show your wife in an effort to convince her to agree to its purchase. Commenter is not responsible for any marital difficulties that might occur should you make this purchase only to find out it does not work.
Lol. You win the day!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Non-stated point taken. What I intended is, I think this type system has a better chance of working since the wake off the singles seems less turbulent and more defined than what I've seen from the twins. I haven't tried one of the devices yet, but have been watching the MC forum with interest. @haknslash and I talked about building a device while floating last Sunday.

I bow to your knowledge of this however.
I have no experience in this field with a converging system behind a 190. I ask because I want to know myself so my offer still stands with putting the Ronix on a 190.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have no experience in this field with a converging system behind a 190. I ask because I want to know myself so my offer still stands with putting the Ronix on a 190.
I think we'll have a test in the books before long. I'll keep pushing @haknslash until he builds one. ;)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider I wonder - have you experimented with any kind of a power wedge - hydrofoil style (as in Malibu boats) - as a displacement enhancer? Those things can supposedly add as much as 1,500lbs of displacement (without ballast).

I would think that a combination of your wake wedge with some kind of a power wedge (which you should promptly design for our Yamahas ;)) would be a killer application.

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider I wonder - have you experimented with any kind of a power wedge - hydrofoil style (as in Malibu boats) - as a displacement enhancer? Those things can supposedly add as much as 1,500lbs of displacement (without ballast).

I would think that a combination of your wake wedge with some kind of a power wedge (which you should promptly design for our Yamahas ;)) would be a killer application.

--

Did you know when those first came out they had problems with them pulling the transom off the boat....lol cracking and such. I don't think our boats could handle that, but it would be a great add on if it could work.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@FlyNavy76 are you evenly ballast in your boat? Also it looks like you are still turning in a circle?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure our hulls are deep enough in the water for this to work.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You can make those really cheap. Most refer to them as suck gate! It is all over the Moomba form (not that I ever visit that site)!

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@FlyNavy76 are you evenly ballast in your boat? Also it looks like you are still turning in a circle?
Little offset to the surf side. We all surf goofy footed. Don't need to go in full circle. We were just working that area at the time.