• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Swim Deck Shower

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Last weekend while I was de-winterizing I filled the tank for the fresh water shower and discovered there is a leak in the hose to the shower head. I'm planning to tackle it this weekend but I'm not sure how to access it. It looks like the only way to get to it is to yank the speaker on the swim deck which doesn't leave a lot of room to work. Does anyone know of a better way to reach it?

You likely can reach it by removing the sidewall in the engine compartment.

But if you can work through the speaker hole, I would start there.

Honestly I didn't know the sidewall was removable. Thanks for your reply. I'll try the speaker first.

I have a leak on mine that I have been dreading fixing.

I removed the sidewalls on my SX230 last year to install speakers behind the swim cushions. The starboard side came out fairly easily, it is screwed in place along the bottom and sides. I had to cut out the port side, there was not enough room to tilt it and get it out with the engine in place. I am working out a plan to use the large space outside the sidewalls instead of reinstalling them. Part of that plan is to install the water tank for a shower in that area on the starboard side and move the batteries back into that space on the port side. I will be adding sound deadening to make up for the lack of sidewalls.

Is the leak in the hose itself or at the connection at the tank or the shower head?

My leak is at the tank connection

Mine is between the tank and the shower head.

You should also be able to access the hose through the cleanout port deck but in addition to removing the panel which makes up the bottom of the cleanout hatch you'd also have to remove some of the plumbing for the waterbox on that side. I think it would be easier to access the system through the side where the tank is located. It's unfinished fiberglass in there so prep accordingly.

I know it's going to be a pain...that's why I keep putting it off

That's not a bad reason at all. If the leak is at the connection to the tank just access the tank through the compartment it is in. I had a vacuum lock problem last year (let the tank run dry and had to reprime the system). The pump is mounted on the side wall next to the tank). You may be able / should be able to remove the two screws that hold the tank straps to the floor, pull the tank out and access the connection to the hose and you might be able to do it from the cockpit (minimal time in the hole but still some on your knees but with head room). Good luck.

What are the symptoms of a leaking hose? I have to keep pressing and releasing my shower head button to get it to spray water. The pressure is very low and the water dribbles out the shower head.

Stupid question...but I pick up my boat this sat and I have been debating even using the shower (I only boat in freshwater). Is the shower really worth filling up and dealing with the winterization?

Thanks,

Absolutely! Although we like to anchor and the boys like to play on the shore. We use it to wash down their feet or other muddy parts before they get in and muck up the carpet.

As far as winterization of the shower tank, I remove the handle (it simply screws on) and turn the shower on. This pumps all of the water out of the shower. So far I haven't had any issues, but ymmv.

If the pressure seems off you may have air in the lines. Try putting the hose on and when full, turn on the shower. This will force the air out and you should be good. If that doesn't work(has for me) then it probably has a leak.

I disconnected the output hose from the pump and turned it on at the helm to reprime the system after I ran It dry. Worked perfectly. If I ever have to "fix" this again I would start by upgrading to a bigger pump. I think I'd have a hard time finding another one as small as the stock unit. Other than that I love have the fresh water shower (oh it would be nice to have warm water as well, in case Yamaha is lurking).

Easy way to prime the pump, just sounds strange - turn pump on, push the button and suck the end like your trying to siphon gas. In a second or two here comes the water.

Easy way to prime the pump, just sounds strange - turn pump on, push the button and suck the end like your trying to siphon gas. In a second or two here comes the water.
You don't siphon gas often do you? Note to self get that locking gas cap......;)

Back