• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swim plat form brackets

heloskick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hello All

I have finally gotten my hands on a swim platform for my LX2000. Does anyone have any swim platform brackets laying around that they would like to get rid of? If not ill have to go down the road of getting some made but I thought I would check first.

Thanks!

Tim

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good name.

I don't, but do you have any pics of where it goes? We might have some alternative ideas before you have to have some made....

heloskick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Ha thanks. I am a professional helicopter pilot in the PNW seemed fitting.

There are 3 brackets. The two on the out side of the platform (Left and Right) look like simple 2 inch 90 degree angle iron that slide into the jet pocket and get bolted on. Those should not be too hard. The middle one looks like a pain...

I borrowed these pictures from another thread...

I hope these folks don't mind but they have been super helpful.

The vertical side of the bracket attaches to the transom vertically. The horizontal side slides into the platform under neath the swim ladder attachment then gets bolted on. That is the one that looks like a pain in the ass. I have 80% of that center bracket that came with the platform but the person I bough it from decided to cut it off the boat...

I am wondering if I could put another set of angle iron in the other side of the jet pocket to replace this center bracket...

Thanks for the reply and I am 100% open to any other ideas.

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, I meant your actual name.... ;)

Funky angle. That doesn't help. On the up side, that looks like it should be pretty easy to fabricate. A good starter project if you want to learn to weld?

But nothing coming to mind to substitute for that... I tried.